1

HEIDE GHAYLE QUZON

“I'm home!”

“Here comes the pest.” My heard my olther brother whispered. Masama ang tingin niya sa akin habang nakaupo sa couch at may hawak-hawak na libro.

I didn't mind him and started to roam our house to find Mom. Nothing new, he's still grumpy as ever.

“Ateee!” Nakarinig ako ng sigaw na papalapit sa akin, I saw my little brother, his name is Blight. He's 12 years old.

He hug me tightly. “How was your day, Blight? Did it turn out well?”

“Mm!” Tango niya. “But I'm a little bit disappointed because I didn't get the perfect score on our test. I reviewed all night because I wanted to perfect it and tell you and Mom, but it didn't turn out well. I made 3 mistakes. I'm sorry.” Sabi niya at napayuko.

“Aww, don't be upset baby. That's okay, even you got 3 mistakes proud pa rin kami ni Mommy sayo. Wag mong masiyadong i-pressure ang sarili mo.” I smiled at him then pat his head.

He smiled ate me, charmingly . Surely, when he got older, a lot girls would be after him. Napaka-gwapo ng kapatid ko. Mabuti na nga lang at hindi niya naman ang ugali ni kuya, well, pati na rin ang akin.

“Thank you, ate.”

“You're welcome. Anyway, where's Mom? I want to see her.”

“She's in the library with Dad. They're talking about something.”

Napatango-tango nalang ako saka nagpatuloy sa pakikipag-kwentuhan sa kaniya.

.

.

.

“Hi Mom.” I greeted her as I enter her room.

I saw her reading a book while sitting on her favorite chair beside the window. When she saw me, she immediately smiled and closed the book that she was holding. Lumapit ako sa kaniya saka niyakap siya, humiwalay ako sa yakap niya saka umupo sa tabi niya.

“Kamusta ang araw mo?”

“As usual, it's okay. Very fine.”

“Is it? Then what's with the gloomy awra?” She raised her eyebrow.

Ugh, sometimes I really hate how she's good at reading people.

Nagda-dalawang isip ako kung sasabihin ko ba sa kaniya, but knowing her hindi siya titigil hangga't hindi ko sinasabi ang problema sa kaniya. Yeah, whatever, I'll just tell her.

“My friend, Chloe, insulted you."

“Oh... then, what happened?” She just said.

“I didn't want to hurt her but you know me, Mom, my temper is out of this world and besides she insulted you, alam mo namang ayaw na ayaw kong naiinsulto ka. I love you so much and I can't let anyone badmouth you like that. Even if that someone is my bestfriend.”

She sighed then hug me. “Mas mabuti kung hindi mo nalang pinansin yon para walang gulo. You know the truth, there's no need to be affected to those people who's telling lie about me. You might lost your bestfriend.”