THE KIND PRINCESS

As the ex-prince of the kingdom continued his journey out into the forest he smirked to himself knowing that the young maiden will surely become one strong woman...

"She just might even become an outstanding queen...if she wants to..." he said to himself no one in particular as he covered himself in his dark cloak along with his hood as he found his black horse and ventured on his solo journey.

Back at the castle as the morning began to rise and the sun shone through the dimmed room of princess Fuyumi young Nikko began to stir in her sleep.

That was when her bright ocean blue eyes opened and Nikko had woken up to see she was in a fancy room. She looked to her left to see a sleeping young woman with a book about to fall out of her hand. Yet her mind went back to him...the guy who saved her...

"Dabi..." she gently said. Hoping he'll come right to her embracing her into those gentle flames, the warmth reminding her of her mother's embrace.

"Dabi" she once again called out to which Fuyumi woke up to and seeing as she was now awake she scurries to her to see how she was feeling. Taking note of her state of impatience and anxiety she simply brushed the young girl's hair and quietly hummed to her. Nikko noticing this soon calmed down and evened her breathing. 'She's so kind...' Nikko thought-feeling safe.

"I bet you are wondering about him but you see he left last night...my father doesn't allow him in here...but I promise to protect you from now on, so will he but in his way, now let's see that wound and I'll also give you a change of clothes," Fuyumi said as she examined the wound seeing it was healing rather well but surely it'll leave a scar. She wrapped a new set of clean bandages along with adding more healing herbs. After she was done Nikko looked down to see where the wound is covered.

"There and now let me see if I have other comfortable clothes for you..." Fuyumi said as Nikko slightly brushed it with her fingertips wincing a little as she noticed how delicate her wound still is.

"Ah here! Some comfy pants along with this shirt I'll let you change as I wait for outside sounds good?" She said as Nikko simply nodded. The pants were a black color along with the shirt being a nice shade of dark grey long sleeve. Nikko quickly changed along with putting on the dirty blooded scarf...it was the only thing she had left from her tribe...her friends and family...her mother...

Quickly shaking her head she put on her boots and walked out to see Fuyumi smiling down at her.

"Ready?" She asked her, and Nikko once again without exchanging words nodded.

"Alright now come on I want you to meet someone...the name Fuyumi," she said to which Nikko obliged as she felt at ease with her soft voice and motherly gesture. It reminded her of her mother...

"My name Nikko...Nikko Fuyu..." she said while grabbing hold of her hand. With this simple gesture, Nikko's ears picked up a little along with her tail swiftly but slowly going side by side feeling the comfort and kindness of princess Fuyumi. Upon thinking of the princess, she noticed her lovely dress that was a mix of light blue and beautiful red. As for her hair she also had white hair but with red highlights. Along with grey yet blue eyes that were ever so calmed and gentle.

As they walked down the hall Fuyumi noticed the dirty scarf with blood around her neck.
"Nikko do you mind if I take the scarf," she said while stopping and kneeling to her level. Nikko simply grabbed the scarf while tearing up. Her ears lowering once more and her tail going in between her legs.

"No...it's the last thing...from momma," she said while her lips quivered. Fuyumi smiled turned into a frown as she grabbed Nikko into a warm embrace.
"Oh, Nikko...okay let's make a deal how about I make you some super yummy strawberry and banana french toast in exchange you give me the scarf to wash it and I promise to give it back," Fuyumi said to which Nikko hesitantly nodded while taking off the scarf and giving it to the young lady. Yet her ears remained low but her tail went back to normal.

"Arigato," Fuyumi said as they continued their walk. Exchanging small words brought happiness to Fuyumi as she was slowly opening up. After that horrible massacre, the poor girl who has been through Fuyumi felt a need to protect her and be there for her just like Dabi...just like how they both protect their younger brother after the incident that caused Dabi to be banished...

"Miss Fuyumi...is this the kitchen??" Nikko asked bringing her out of her dazed thoughts.

"Huh! Oh yeah, gomen and please, call me Fuyumi...got it Nikko" she said with a smile towards her.

"Okay...Fuyumi" Nikko said as Fuyumi lead her into the kitchen and the dining hall. While doing this Fuyumi never let go of Nikko's hand as she was now talking to a maid about carefully cleaning the dirty scarf.

While inside Nikko was wandering her eyes over all the decor and such. Until her ear picked up a sudden hitch of breath from someone and that was when Nikko's ocean blue eyes met with a pair of heterochromia blue and grey eyes....both children never bothering to look away eyeing each other featuring but most importantly their wounds...

both children never bothering to look away eyeing each other featuring but most importantly their wounds