THE RUMOR

NIKKO POV
"Momma...please don't leave me...please don't go...I have so much to tell you...I want to hug you and feel your embrace...please..." I pleaded as I once again saw my mother's sad smile with my eyes as she climbed down the tree and disappeared off to the darkness...

"Mom!!!" I yelled while I climbed down the tree but with one wrong step, I fell and prepared myself for the impact...

"Mom!" I yelled while waking up to a sitting position as my hand was outstretched in front of me grabbing to nothing in particular. I panted while regaining my breathing slowly bringing my hand down taking note I was in my room. Once again having another nightmare...

SIGH

I was about to get up when Hawks came running into my room once again half asleep. "You okay...another nightmare?" he asked while walking up to me rubbing his eyes from the sleep.

"...Hai..." I said with a sad smile as he gently eyed me with sadness upon his lips. "Hey, how about instead of training today we go out of the castle and to the kingdom's town. It'll be your first time since you got here and we can go with granny for some yummy sweet bread!" he said while a cheeky smile while rubbing my messy hair. This brought a smile to my lips and excitement as I nodded. "I would love to!" I yelled now out of bed and grabbing my clothes to get ready.

"Alright! I'll meet you out front of the castle gates" he said while running off and closing the door.

It's been one whole year now ever since the day of the massacre. King Enji wasn't ecstatic about my presence in the castle but he nevertheless accepted princess Fuyumi request. He took note of my current skills at that time and said it'll be to his advantage to have me in his castle and kingdom.

'Selfish King' I thought to myself at the moment. As for my relationship with Shouto, we both created a bond where not only do we feel comfortable in each other's prescience but also one where we know we have each other's back through thick or thin. An unbreakable trust. We tell each other everything, hang out in the castle, eat, and have secret sleepovers. Since King Enji wants me properly trained before becoming his aide, also how he needs to be focused on his royal duties and not slacking off making unnecessary relationships such as friends. Stupid King...

At the moment Shouto is out of the castle with the second prince Natsuo Todoroki. They went to the kingdom Yaoyorozu, to meet with the first princess and show them around and see if an alias can be established.

I've met Natsuo a couple of times here and there. He's quite the funny guy and super fun to be with who knows a lot of stuff about the world around us due to his travels. Except when King Enji appears in the scene Natsuo-san completely changed his aurora. He despises his father, I don't blame him. The reason why he travels the world to remain out of the castle as long as possible.

I just wish I could have gone with them...but due to King Enji and his 'strict training', I have remained trapped in the castle.

Which is something I don't mind either as long as I'm with Hawks. He's always nice to me and comforting me in my hardest moments. He's like the father figure I've been missing ever since my father's death. He knows how to cheer me up no matter what. Not only that but he's the best mentor I can have from showing and teaching me what's the true meaning of being an aide as compared to those aides from other kingdoms I have met before when they visit the castle all stiff and rule-oriented. An aide is someone the royal prince or princess can depend on, they require your trust and friendship knowing you will always be there no matter what...

I finally finished up getting ready. I had my black pants on with my ankle brown boots tied neatly. Along with my black shirt and chest vest that contains my kunai knives. I try to ignore my scar, it just too hideous, princess Fuyumi is applying an ointment she made to see if the scar will slowly go away. After adjusting my vest I grabbed my scarf that was on my table stand.