Chapter 18 : The 'meeting'

*{Harry POV}*

I gripped at the edge of the table with all my might. This suspense is literally killing me. One by one, each of them silently sat themselves at the chairs around the table. Except for, you guessed it, Louis, who came minutes later with an unreadable expression on his face. I noticed that he had his blue gaze on me, and let me tell you, I suddenly felt even more nervous. Nervous.. not hesitant.. there's an obvious difference.

The maids and butlers quietly prepared the plates, and each gave us portions of the food the lads made. Louis waved them off with just a glance. They were gone within seconds. "So Harry, you had something to tell us?" Zayn cocked a questioning eyebrow. I stiffly nodded, while gripping harder on the bottom of my seat. I swallowed a big lump in my throat before finally getting enough courage to say what I've wanted to say.

"I.. My name is Harry Styles. Son of Anne Cox... I don't know what you guys want to know, so just shoot me questions, alright?" I tried shrugging casually. Louis' mouth suddenly parted, and his eyes widened in surprise. The rest of the lads noticed something too, and looked at Louis with sympathetic gazes. "So, the rumours were true... the over-protected Styles?" Niall asked curiously, while the lads hushed up.

I nodded curtly. "Yeah.. I've lived in this big island for like... 17.. 18 years.." I corrected myself. They eyed me with eyes full of curiosity, while asking me a few but brief questions. And as much as I liked the idea, there was one thing I wanted to know. Louis Tomlinson.

*[Louis POV]*

Crap, crap, crap. Why the hell did I have to be so damn blind?!? He clearly resembled Anne so much, that the resemblance is completely obvious.. but why? why did I not see it? Why do I have to be so damn stupid not to find out? In truth, ever since Anne and my mom became insanely rich, it felt like they wanted the whole world to themselves, so they've been in constant conflict with each other.

Even though Harry was hidden away, I wasn't. I was there when my mom ordered some lawyers to try to dig up some dirt on Anne, vice versa. I was there, even before Harry was born. I'm my mother's personal CEO.

I can feel Harry's gaze on mine, and I choose not to meet it. I didn't know what to say at the moment; I was practically speechless. "Hey Lou.." Harry called out in a stern voice interrupting me from my thoughts. "Hmm?" I cocked an eyebrow at him. "Your turn." he mumbled sternly. I felt myself gasp just a tiny bit in surprise of his question. "Uh.. me?" I joked trying to lighten the mood. Harry nodded without his eyes leaving mine. "Yeah you." he mumbled with such a head-strong tone. Crap. He is really curious about who I am.

"Nothing much to know that I already told you.." I shrugged as my knees shook from beneath the table. Harry scoffed, while crossing his arms. "You're kidding me right?" he said sternly. Shit, I can feel a crack in my own mask. "Just saying...." I shifted uncomfortably on my chair. What am I supposed to say? That I'm a freak accident? No, Louis, you're better than that.. Lie.

"Fine." I said coldly "What do you want to know?" he shivered by my sudden coldness, but I needed to. I'd rather have him hate me than to know who I am. "Y-You.. What .. exact-tly are y-you?" he asked while stuttering. I cocked an eyebrow. "I'm human... what are you trying to get at?" I asked suddenly making the boys jump in surprise. The boy messily scratched his head trying to fumble his head on what to say next.

"I.. I know that... but h-how did you survive that fall?" he bluntly asked. Liam, Zayn, and Niall gasped, as they silently bit their lips. "I.. That was nothing... it was only a measly fall." I lied. His eyebrows were knitted together as he sent me glares. "Oh really? A 10 ft fall, and no scratch, pretty believable." he challenged with a powerful tone. "I've been through wo-- never mind.." I looked away while looking at my own thumbs.

"What were you going to say? You've been through worst?" He rose from his seat and pounded on the table as hard as he could. The desonance broke through the silence. " No.. I.." I whispered feeling the guilt reel in closer. "Louis! I told you guys who I am, and you're willing to lie about yourself? WOW! WHAT A GREAT FRIEND YOU ARE!" his voice went from normal to angry. "I MEAN! JUST WHEN I CHOSE TO START TRUSTING YOU LOU! FUCK!! IF YOU CAN'T TRUST ME, THEN WHY THE HELL AM I EVEN FRIENDS WITH YOU!??" "Wait Harry I--" " NO LOUIS STOP! JUST STOP!" he bellowed. "Just... just leave me alone... alright?" he choked on his own words, while running up the stairs, and slamming the door shut.

The lads were suddenly by my side rubbing my shoulders, saying it wasn't my fault. "Ah lads, why are you suddenly comforting me.. I.." A tiny droplet ran down my hand, and I eyed them questioningly. I patted my cheek only to notice that I was crying. "What the bloody hell?" I tried wiping away the tears that was endlessly running down my cheeks. "What is this? Why am I.. why am crying?" and with that, I suddenly broke down.

I sat up, and let myself lean on my legs, almost in a fetal position. "It's okay Lou, it's not your fault." Niall trying to assure me. I looked at him baffled. "It's not my fault?!? you're kidding right?" I scoffed angrily at the lad. "It's not my fault? It's not my fault?! WHO ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING?!?! ALL OF THIS SHIT IS MY FAULT... my fault!!" I cried angrily, while they sandwiched me into a group hug.

"Lou, It's not.. you're just afraid... " Liam cooed while patting my hair soothingly. That's right, you're just a weakling, a weakling! a tiny voice echoed in my mind. Maybe I am just a weakling.

*{Harry POV}*

What the hell was wrong with me? I didn't want to get that mad, but he successfully did that. I literally lashed out on one of my bestest friend, because I was bottling my own god damn feelings for these past years. I felt so sad, so alone that it felt literally unbearable that he wouldn't tell me the truth. I mean, I told them everything they needed to know, but for him, he refused to do any of it. He refused to tell me what he was, I got angry, and I felt a huge pang of regret yet I didn't.

That look on his face was literally replaying on my mind. The way his eyes looked pained; the glow seeped out from his blue gaze. The way he bit his nails like it was his last resort, I felt literally like a complete and utter shit. He didn't deserve my tantrum, none of it, and yet I still did it. I bet he hates me now, just like Mabel for trying to escape, and I'll just pretend like nothing happened.. right? right.

Again, it was harder to convince myself with my own thoughts with all these things happening to me than mindlessly saying them. A knock echoed through my door, and I opened it slowly not knowing who was at the other side. His haunting blue-gaze found mine, and a sad smile was engraved on his lips. "Haz, mind if I come in?"

_____________________________________________________________________

So yeah thar.. I chose to update early ;)

I'll still update 2 times afterwards on Friday and Saturday, so no worries.. Think of this as an early present.. for something..

<_<

>_>

...

Anyway, dedication this chapter goes to Carrots_Spoons for her fantabulous Larry Fanfic "This moment in time ( Larry Stylinson 1D)" Please go read it, and let her get the right recognition for her beautiful writing :3!!

Comment/vote/fan

~Cam xoxoox ;)