Chapter 36 : I....

-|Niall POV|-

I froze within my spot unable to think, blink or even breathe. Zayn chewed on his lip while scanning my eyes for some kind of confirmation.. Some kind of an answer. "I... I.." I tugged on my hair while his words finally sunk in . "I don't know w-what to say Zayn... I.. I.. I'm still not sure about my feelings just yet.." I fiddled with my fingers quietly. Zayn sighed contently with a smile and tousled my hair messily. "Alright, I can wait." he smiled a small smile that held many emotions.

Confusion

Pain

and

Love?

Only heaven knows what's going through the lad's mind.

**Zayn's POV**

All of a sudden I felt weak.. weak in physically and mentally.. I just kissed him.. I just kissed Niall, and not only that, I even told him I'm in-love with him. AGH!! I wanna scream soo much right now on how much relieved I felt. Sure I know nothing of his feelings for me, but I'll wait as long as I have to.. Like I said, he's worth the fight.. But the problem is, if he did reject me, then I don't know what to feel anymore.. It'll either be like how we were before; treating each other like brothers, or it'll become somewhat awkward.. Somehow I'm afraid to hear his answer.. It all lies on his decision on how are relationship is going to go.. Only time can tell.

*[Louis POV]*

"Well.." I said playfully while tracing over his perfect toned chest. "You're acting was not horrid Haz." He grumbled while rolling his eyes. "Yeah, yeah." he tried to pout but a smirk was evidently written on his face. "So, should we go down and 'speculate' the two or will we--" the wooden doors swung open with Niall biting on his nails nervously and hopping off into the little space between me and Harry. His skin was a very red tint colour and he was quietly rambling things to himself.

"Idon'tknowifIdidtherightthing.." he stated in barely cohorent words. Harry scrunched his eyebrow in confusion hearing Niall's words crystal clear.  "Huh?" I asked trying to confirm what he was saying. "I SAID! I DON'T KNOW IF I DID THE RIGHT THING!" he exasperated while messing with his hair even more. Not purposely, but he looked completely dishelved. confused. "Now, now.." I slung a shoulder around him. "Tell Papa Harry and Papa Louis the problem." I cooed while giving his shoulder a squeeze. He tensed up hanging his head low while chewing on his lips. This might take a while.

-|Niall POV|-

"So that's what ha-happened.." I blushed furiously but still felt the guilt of Zayn's pain on the pit of my stomach. The way he bit looked so intently into me trying to look for an answer only to say that I'll have to think about it first then get back to him.. I felt absolutely horrible.. Louis and Harry both hugged me with such care mumbling sweet nothings into my ear. "No worries Nialler, If I know Zayn, I'm sure he was thinking about something else.. not your choice of wanting to take your relationship further." Louis tried re-assuring me, but the pain was still there or rather it felt numb at the moment...

"But you don't know that!" I felt a sob rise through my throat, and Harry buried me deeper into his chest. "S'okay Nialler, you'll both be fine, no worries." he chuckled. I peeped from his chest and saw that he was staring lovingly into Louis with such a dumb-founded smile. Ever had a moment where you just felt like the third-wheel? Well this so was totally the situation. I tried to get away from the two but they kept me in place. Crap, I'm definitely stuck. Harry smirked while wiggling his eyebrows at Louis. The Doncaster boy just reflected the smile while staring at me with such interest.

Before I can fathom on what likely events might occur, they both have me pinned down in the bed with equally as devious smiles. I shivered slightly by the shadows hoovering above them.. I am soo totally dead.

*~Liam POV~*

"So how did it go mate?" I smiled pleasantly at the lad who happens to be Zayn scarfing down a few fried chickens on his mouth. His mouth gaped open then swallowed while blinking a few times and saying a "I don't want to talk about. it." then turning around pretending I wasn't there. I rolled my eyes and spun his stool so quick that he was in the mid-process of swallowing. "Zayn, I left you guys alone for a reason man, tell me what happened." he groaned while messily tousling his hair. "Well I confessed and.. er.. I kushedhim.." "Come again?" I smirked in the inside knowing full well what he said.

"I-I said I kissed him.." he repeated shakily while his smooth olive skin turned a shade redder. Yep, he was definitely blushing. "Oooh the infamous Malik blus-- oomf" he squished my face away groaning while getting back to his eating. "So are you guys going out now?" I smiled innocently while playfully nudging his shoulders. He stiffened at mid-bite and looked at me with such a horrific look, and shook his head silently. "He doesn't know if he likes me or not. It's nothing.." he took a simple casual shrug trying to look like it didn't matter much to him at all, but the pain clearly lied within his eyes, and that sure didn't look like nothing to me...

-|Niall POV|-

"HAHAHAHHA STOP IT!!-- YOU.. BLOODY TWATS! AHAHAH!" I struggled to keep my breathing even but these bloody idiots are not making it easy. "NOOOOooo STOOOOP" I bellowed while pushing Harry to the side of the bed and escaping from their evil grasp. Louis, just like I planned all along stopped the curly headed boy from colliding with the floor while rolling his eyes on me. "Niall no need to get violent with my Hazza!" while silently kissing Harry for a brief moment and straddling him into his lap. Harry blushed deeply while burying himself into the older boy's neck. "oh boo stop!" he whispered silently making Louis smile an even wider smile. "Oh you know you love it." he winked while landing his eyes on me.

"And you Niall, have to figure out about these feelings of yours before it's too late." he simply stated while shooing me out the door. My feelings? What did he mean by that? I mean sure I may have overreacted with the whole little conflict between Zayn and I, but it was resolved wasn't it? It's like nothing..  nadda... zip.. Not really sure of what he meant to be honest, but I guess I can think about it.. I mean it's not like I have feelings for him.. but why exactly didn't I reject him straight out? I shouldn't leave him hoping for something that might not happen.. I better go find him..

I went and roamed around the house finding it Zaynless.. Where was he? A familiar brunette came to my sight.. "Liam!" I jumped to his side making him jump slightly by the sudden outburst but smiled anyways. "Hey Nialler." he chuckled while ruffling my hair playfully. "So where's Zayn?" the words sounded more desperate than an actual question. Liam noticed it also and scratched the back of his neck while looking at a corner. "Why?" was all he could say. Why? Why? So I could confront him about the confession, but I'm not going to tell him that. "Well I.. have to discuss with him something.. something private.." I looked away feeling my face burn in the process.

He nodded thoughtfully leaving the subject behind and I felt grateful for that. I needed the privacy at the moment.. not sure but I had to. "Well.." he lead me with a hand on my back towards the window with a frown etched on his face. "He's right there." he pointed towards the two figures in front of the patio. It was Zayn, and a blonde girl I never met laughing with such ease on their faces. Somehow it felt like something was groping my heart.. and the thought of rejecting Zayn was slapped out of my mind in one clear shot.. all I could think about was the words Louis said earlier "And you Niall, have to figure about these feelings of yours before it's too late"... And it all started to make sense.. What the hell?

______________________________________________________

Author's Note:

SURPRISE!! Felt like updating and I did, you're welcome.

Anyways, thank you guys so much for fanning and commenting, I laugh maniacally at some of them so yeah, don't be offended if I don't respond cause I do.. in my head cause I boss and yeah.. that's about it..

So, like always, comment/vote/fan/alloftheabove