Chapter 33 : Tension

*[Louis POV]*

"So basically he has to keep the cast on... For roughly a week.. 2 tops.." I frowned slightly on how uncomfortable Harry looked with his crutches. "S'fine..." he slurred still feeling a bit sleepy through the pain killers that the hospital had to give him to calm down. "And how do you suppose Uncle Si is going to react to this?" Zayn suddenly reminded us. I groaned sitting beside Curly as he giggled and let his head rest in my shoulders. "LooooOoovvvveeee YoooUU BoooOOOooo" his low voice giving me shivers down my neck. The boys were quietly suppressing a laugh as they eyed the curly headed boy.

"S-so Lou.. H-How l-long is .. is he going to act like th-that?" Niall tried speaking between laughs. I rolled my eyes, and got up from my seat and cradling Harry in the process. I can't handle this.." I bit my lip trying not to get their laughter to get to me, because Harry's pretty fragile right now, and no matter how crazy he is at the moment.. I simply must not laugh. "If you guys need me, I'll be in the first room upstairs." I announced not even caring if they heard or not.

"Where are we going Lou-bear?" Harry asked giggled while yawning adorably with his cheeks flushed into a tint of pink. I raised an eyebrow at the nickname "Lou-bear .. Really Haz?" I teased. He looked panicked for a few seconds and pouted.. His eyes glassified as tears started welling up.

My heart broke seeing him like that. "No, no Haz, I was just kidding.. I promise!" I cooed while stopping and gently soothing his back. His tears disappeared in an instant, while snuggling himself closer to my chest. "That's my Lou-Lou." He whispered as his mouth an 'O' and fluttered his eyes close.

I couldn't say my heart strings weren't tugged by that. God...It should be a crime to look that perfect even when he's asleep. After I was sure he was fully dead-asleep I slithered myself off his grasp and quietly snuck out to tell Simon about our little 'situation'. "Hello?" "Hey Simon.. It's me.." Oh Louis.. what can I do for you?" I swallowed thickly feeling myself stiffen. It's never been this hard before.. so why can't I do it now..? "Um.. would it be .. kinda possible.. to.. er hold our debut concert till.. sometime next year?" he didn't respond for a few minutes, and by the silence through the phone I'm guessing he is a bit surprised.

"Why?" he asked curiously. "Well Harry got injured.. and I don't really want to push it.. I mean he just broke them recently." I lied. It was a mere strain.. but am I going to tell him that? Noo.. Yep.. The Tommo fibs are back. "Wow, you sound genuinely serious about this Louis.." "Yes." I smirked behind the lines. "Yes I am..  I.. I mean I don't want my boyfriend to get hurt... It's just not right!" I protested. I heard him sigh casually from the phone. "Fine.. fine.. I'll have a talk with Management about it... I'll text you the details later alri--" he was interrupted by Harry's door swinging open, with Harry limping groggily while looking at me bleary-eyed.

"Alright." I mumbled casually as I hanged up and slipped my phone in my back pocket. "Something wrong Haz?" I smiled as he pointed towards the bedroom. "You said you were going to bed with me." his voice came out as low and ragged. "But Harry I didn't--" I stopped on my tracks as pout found themselves on his face. "Please Lou?" he pleaded with glass-like eyes. Fuck it, I was going to play board games with the boys.. but I guess I can't now.

**Zayn POV**

"Where's Louis? He's supposed to be back by now!!?"  Niall eyed the closed doors warily while chewing on a piece of pizza. Don't ask me how he got it, cause I literally have no clue. "Well, time to hit the hay."  Liam suddenly yawned and stretched while getting up to his own bedroom. "Oi Liam don't leave me with--" The Irish boy eyed me with a bit of pain in his eyes. "No Niall, I didn't mean it by tha--" he waved it off like it was nothing and started nibbling slowly on his food.

"I'll just.. open the telly.. yeah?" I offered trying to lighten the mood. He nodded without even making eye contact..Yep, he's definitely upset.

-|Niall POV|-

Well it wasn't my fault I'm boring.. He made that perfectly loud and clear.. If he doesn't want me then.. I can deal with it..? Problem is why am I hurting? Why do I feel like someone's squeezing my heart mercilessly? I know I've always been the slowest witted one in the group, but come on.. I can hear and see perfectly well.. I'd have to be stupid if I couldn't see that he didn't want to be with me... 

Stupid Liam and his stupid duo plan! Why did he have to leave me with Zayn.. of all people.. I'm going to murder him one day for doing this to us.

**Zayn POV**

A thick fog of tension unknowingly built itself around both of us. Why did I have to be stupid to say such things? I mean I didn't mind being around him, just not one-to-one.. I don't want to sound dramatic .. but I don't think my heart can take it.. just yet. With these feelings developing for him, I felt as if I'm just knowing him truly for the first time.

The way he never stops smiling, the way his eyes glistens when he caught sight of something he wanted (food) , and the way he pout and throws a fit when he didn't get what he wanted. All these little things add up to Niall (A/N : Just had to :D) His eyes remained glued to the telly as he finished of tiny bits of his pizza and chose to avoid the prolong gaze I was giving him. Does he even notice how much it's hurting me inside to see him do that?

-|Niall POV|-

I can feel Zayn's gaze lingering on me, and I couldn't help but feel a bit hurt for avoiding his gaze.. It's not that I wanted to do it.. It's just somehow I know.. If I made eye-contact with him, even if it's just for a second, I'll lose myself in deep in the hazel pool of his eyes. It hurts.. his eyes left me, and re-focused his eyes on the television clearly staring blankly at it, as he chewed furiously on his bottom lip to comfort himself.

He's always doing that when he was nervous.. or worried about something.. I'm pretty sure it's the second choice.. because I knew in the back of my head.. I was the cause of it

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N :

Okay, sorry it's a bit short, but I wanted to set a point where both Zayn and Niall are uncomfortable with each other.. Sorry, but it's true.. If anyone still hasn't caught on, I like to add a bit of drama per fluff chapters.. It's in my philosophy.. Sorry for those who feel as if I'm breaking up Ziall, but it will get better, yet something will get worst in the process. All I can say is that it will 'somehow' lead to the perfect ending..

P.S. If anyone hasn't read it yet please read my upcoming series One Touch (Larry Fanfic) I would really appreciate it if you support me in this new story :)!!

~Cam xxxoxoxox