Chapter 19 : Will you hate me if you knew?

*[Louis POV]*

It took me a good few minutes to finally build up some resolve. The lads have been very helpful with the whole comforting thing like it was there second nature.. weird.. Anyways, here I am, going up the stairs in front of Harry's room shaking a wee bit, and gripping hard with my hands, that my knuckles turned pale white. 

I gave an abrupt knock, and felt myself stiffen as his footsteps approached. The door opened in one fast swoop, and the moment I laid eyes on him, he seemed to have stiffen also. "May I come in?" I asked trying to sound polite. He gave a little nod, and held the door open, wide enough for me to enter. He closed the door the moment I stood right beside his bed, and shuffled while practically jumping onto a spot in his bed.

"Sit." he mumbled sternly while pointing to a spot on the side of the bed. My head bobbed a bit, and sat in the very edge of the bed. Silence filled the room, as I was trying to think of many ways to escape this inconspicuously. Maybe I can use that tear gas and spray him, then leave.. or I can just go all boss, and leave in one swift movement.

"I'm sorry." he suddenly spoke catching me off-guard and snapping me out of my own thoughts. "What?" I cocked an eyebrow unsure of what I just heard. This time he tilted his head, and stared right at me. "I said I'm sorry Lou.... I didn't mean to just blow up on you like that.. I mean I... Too be honest, I was pretty ticked off since you were so secretive but.." he looked up at the ceiling.

"The moment I saw that look on your face, I know I went too far, and instantly regretted what I said.. can you forgive me?" I pout found itself on his lips, and I couldn't help but mentally smack myself on how damn adorable he looked. I shook my head in response, and scratched the back of my neck awkwardly. His eyes widened in my 'supposed' response, and mumbled an 'I understand' then turned around avoiding my gaze.

I suddenly panicked, and forced his body turned around. His eyes this time was crystallized, and a pang of guilt came my way. "No, no no Haz, I didn't mean it as a 'no I won't forgive you' gesture, I mean it as... as a 'it's not your fault' ... if were pointing fingers, then you should be pointing at me for acting so stupid, and tried to shield the promise that we made.. and for that I'm sorry." I hung my head feeling to ashamed of myself.

A snort escaped from him, and I looked up to see him laughing silently to himself. "I guess we're both to blame, yeah?" I nodded almost too fast. I guess we were both at fault... "So.." he sat up, and positioned himself comfortably while he looked at me with an obvious smile. "Why did you come up? Other than the apologies and whatever.." I looked at him in complete shock. Shit, I got so side-tracked that I forgot that I had to tell him about me.. shit, shit Louis, why do you have to be a goofy idiot and go on and forget about what you were about to do.

"Er..." I suddenly felt the need to escape this room, but I stood my ground. "I actually.. wanted to tell you about.. me.." I mumbled awkwardly not looking at his eyes. A gasp escaped his lips, and he scooted a little more closer to me. "Really?' he asked adorably with glistening eyes. I nodded, while shifting uncomfortably on the spot. "Yeah... but I won't blame you if you'll stay away from me afterwards.." I shrugged carelessly.

He tilted my chin to look up at him. HEY! Those are my moves! My mind practically bellowed, but I remained still for him to say something. "I told you who I am... how worst can you're past be?" he joked while releasing my face, and elbowing me playfully on the shoulder.

*{Harry POV}*

Louis seemed to be more horror stricken when I said those words. Was it that bad? I mean, I wouldn't judge him if he was an alien or a CIA Agent, but he seemed to be bothered when speaking of it. "Never mind.. Lou, you don't have--" "No, I wanna tell you." he instantly said, stopping me in mid-sentence. I kept still, and looked at him as he took in some air, and landed his gaze on mine. 

Seconds pass, and we were in that position. I thought he was going to say something but nothing came out from his mouth. He and I were just staring at each other.. eye-to-eye.. it's getting really awkward... He sunk his head low minutes later and said. "Sorry, I didn't know how to start..." he confessed.

I smacked his arm, and rolled my eyes. "Fine." I said "I'll just ask questions, and you answer, yeah?" he nodded in agreement. "So, um.. are you like.. human?" I asked unsure if I even asked the right question. He nodded stiffly, then shook his head. Does that mean it's a yes and a no? "Yes.. I am.. but, I'm not like any other human.." he added sheepishly. "I knew it!" I gasped while pointing at him directly. "YOU'RE AN ALIEN RIGHT?!?!"  Not even a giggle escaped his mouth, as he grabbed lightly on the covers.

He shook his head with a frown. "I wish... but no..." he said slowly while twiddling with his thumbs. "Then what 'exactly' are you?" the question slipped my mouth without even thinking. He flinched, then looked at me with sad eyes."I'm a freak accident." he said bluntly with such a sad smile that I wanted to squeeze him to make him feel better, but I remained still saying "Elaborate please, I .. I just wanna know.." his eyes became glass-like, and remained silent.

When he didn't say anything, I assume he was going to pop a joke or something, but his eyes told another story. "I.. I'm a genetically enhanced boy." his voice came out as a whisper. I looked at him dumbfoundedly. "Genetically enhanced, so you grew up in a lab?" I cocked my head suddenly feeling interested. Once again he did nothing but nod.

"I.." he paused trying to find the right words. "The abilities that I usually get is massive strenght, acute hearing, and just like your question before, I have a fast recovery skill, and I can hide my emotions easily.. oh, and did I mention that I'm cold-blooded?" he said the last part as if it's the thing he hated it with passion.

I was practically speechless, unable to process the information. I reached my hand out close to his skin, and saw him stiffen even more. "May I?" I asked breathlessly. He nodded, and kept still. I slowly brought my hand to his skin, and noticed his obviously cold temperature. I held my hand back, cringing to my own warmth. "S-sorry.." he murmured. "I guess you hate me now right?" he asked with more emotion.

I wanted to say no, I don't, but he seemed so pained. "What do you think?" I mindlessly asked him. He widened his eyes and bit his lip. "I gotta go.." and with one swift movement, he was gone, and here I am wondering  what the hell I just did.

___________________________________________________________________

Did you guys see that coming?

Comment on your theories on what you thought was Louis before I posted this chapter ;)

~Cam xoxo