Sea ~ Jin

Inspired🕯 (h2o Just add Water)

Y/n's POV

"Y/n, let's go to the beach today" Jin suggested, his arms still wrapped around my body. Almost instantly I felt my heart drop at his words.

Water.

The thing I can't touch. Unlike normal girls, who love going to the beach, getting wet and having pool party's. Things I could only dream of. I have a few memories...But that's the closest I'll get.

When I turned 18 my mother told me where I was actually born. The ocean. Along with my older brother.

When I turned 18, my powers evolved to their full potential. I had already noticed I had a deeper connection with water compared to normal girls. Then again, I'm not a normal girl.

I'm a mermaid. Ever since my 13th birthday the relationship between me and water quickly changed. I always have to drink water with a straw, if I get wet, I have 10 seconds to dry off or find a place to go before I transform.

Although I had to miss out on a lot of fun events, I've learned to adjust to this new lifestyle. It's not all bad there are some fun perks I get, like powers.

Having the ability move, boil and freeze water. I can't count how many times I've made jacuzzis out of my baths, or made ice rinks in my own backyard.

Worst of this situation, I haven't told Jin yet. I can't find the right time to tell him. Although there never really is a right time to tell your boyfriend you're half fish and have powers.

"Y/n?" I heard him call out to me, I must've been so caught up in my thoughts I didn't realize he was talking. "Huh?" I asked him.

"I said we should go to the beach but you haven't said anything for like 3 minutes.." he trailed off confusion taking over his tone as he sat up.

"Sorry I was just thinking..do we have to go to the beach?" I questioned, being able to hear the slight desperation in my tone.

"Yes, I asked you 3 weeks ago and you said you weren't feeling well." That was one of my many excuses I had to say to get out of water related activities. I hate lying to him.

"Ok.. Fine let's go." I surrendered, walking to the bathroom getting changed.

"Isn't it gorgeous?" Jin exhaled, intaking the view of all the families, friends and couples roaming the shore without a care in the world.

The things I would do to be like them right now.

"I set us up for a boat ride. It leaves in 2 hours so that gives us some time to enjoy the water" 

'Water'

"Yes the water, it's the beach what did you expect we would do?"  He can hear my thoughts?

"How did you know what I was thinking about?"

"You must've been thinking out loud if you thought I couldn't hear you because you practically yelled it." He laughed, taking my hand in his as he led us to a vacant spot on the beach.

As I was helping him set up, I couldn't help get a sense that there was going to be a storm coming in. I looked up noticing a group of dark clouds contracting to the beach.

"Maybe we should go home. It looks like it's going to rain." I attempted to catch his attention by pointing to the sky but he didn't notice. He was to busy setting up the umbrella.

Once he finished he looked at me with a questioned expression. "Did you say something?"

"YEAH! I SAID LETS GO BECAUSE ITS GONNA RAIN AND IM GONNA TURN IN TO A FISH IF WE DON'T LEAVE." But I only said it in my head so he wouldn't hear me.