Awkward

*Raine

~After an hour~

Me and Chris just arrived here in the Neverland and we rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open the door. Just then, a door opened and saw Michael.

"Hey guys.." Mike said awkwardly. 

"Before you see the kids, can I talk to you alone Raine?" Michael said.

"I'll wait in the car." Chris said and I nodded my head. Michael closed the door behind him and we were left at his doorstep. 

"Raine, I never got to say my apologies when the accident happened." 

"It's okay--"

"No, it's not okay. I was a shit. I cheated on you and the kids and I deserved this kind of karma. I'm sorry that I didn't treated you like what a real and loyal husband and a father does to you and the kids. Just then, reality hit me when the kids doesn't call me their daddy for a whole day. They just called me daddy, just this morning when you guys got to talk on the phone. Chris was their father figure when I wasn't there beside you guys and I admit that I had to be far away for the tour but I can't help but be jealous."

"Chris was the reason why I called you when that happened. he told me to try to call you because me and the kids are worried sick at you because you haven't called us for like weeks! Chris was there because the kids needed you and I needed you but I guess, you're having fun."

"Raine.." He held my hands but I removed my hands.

"I can't Mike. I'm moving on from you and you damn well know me enough to why I'm doing this Mike."

"I know but I wanted you to know that whatever happens in our future, the kids are safe with me. I'll try to put them away from the showbiz world until they are young enough to know what they wanted. I'll give them the best education, best life and I'll give them whatever want. You know me when it comes to children."

"I know Mike and I know you won't put our kids' lives in danger. I trust you in taking care of my children. Just so you know, my happiness are all about my children and I hope you don't wreck that." 

"That I promise Raine. Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah.."

"Are you and Chris together?"

"No. I still respect you and the time that we've had. He's just helping."

"Okay.. He's the lucky guy."

"Mike, you'll find the perfect girl who will love you and the kids and who will stay by your side, no matter what." 

"But I found my perfect girl, it's just that, I lost her and now she belongs to someone else."

"Mike, I am not perfect. I'm not the definition of your perfect girl."

"Can I hug you one last time?" 

"Yeah.." he went near me and he hugged me tightly. I hugged him back and let my tears shed a little. Then, I felt him kissed my forehead and we broke the hug. I wiped my tears and I saw him did the same. We just chuckled and I offered a hand to shake and he shook our hands.

"Best friend." We both said at the same time and we just smiled.

"Mike, go inside, lemme have a word with Chris." 

"Sure, just go inside the house and I'll let the kids be prepared in the living room." 

"Okay thanks."

"Welcome." Michael went inside and I looked back and sighed deeply. I saw Chris leaning on the car and I went near him and held his hands.

"What happened back there?" He said.

"Me and Michael cleared out the awkward air between us for the children and we remained friends for the kids. And he kind of asked about us and he said that you're a lucky guy."

"Well, I really am a lucky guy." Then, he kissed my lips and I broke the kiss. 

"Not here.." 

"Okay, not here. Sorry." 

"It's okay. Let's just go inside the house and play with the kids."

"Yeah, let's go." Me and Chris went inside the house and saw the kids patiently waiting on the couch and when they saw the glimpse of us, Aubrey ran to me and Prince up to Chris. I hugged Aubrey and she kissed my lips and I went to Chris and I kissed Prince on his head. 

"How are you guys?" I asked them. 

"We're good mommy. Can we start playing?" 

"Aubrey, Prince, can we talk to you with daddy?" I asked and they nodded their head. They went back to the couch beside Michael and me and Chris sat in front of them. 

"Aubrey Prince, please be good babies to daddy. We can't go back to what our lives were before, me and your dad got separated, we were mad at each other before, but we are not mad at you, two. Remember, my happiness and daddy's happiness is you two. I hope you're not mad at us because we didn't fulfill our promise to you to have a complete family."

"Mommy, daddy, we are not mad." Aubrey said.

"Thank you princess, but I hope this situation won't change what we had before." Michael said.

"Of course daddy." Just then, Aubrey and Prince hugged Michael. 

"Thank you guys. Now, let's stop this drama. I'll leave you two with your mommy and your uncle Chris to play with you at your room. I'll have something to do with my mini office."

"Still has tour?" I asked Michael. 

"Just here in LA. Then, the tour is done." 

"Congrats Mike." I said. 

"Thank you." 

"Come on mommy, Uncle cap! It's blanket fort time!!" Aubrey said while pulling me and Chris.

"Alright we're coming." Chris said and we went inside their room.