Chapter 11

"I'd like some avocado toast, please," I say, sliding my credit card in the machine.

I take a seat at an empty table, pulling my notebook out of my purse. I write down the name of all the types of employees.

I cross out cashier, because she was a woman, and the voice is male. I cross off 'waiter 1'... I sigh. This is going to take forever.

I put my head on the table.

"Long day?" A male voice asks. I glance up at him. He's gorgeous.

'Wait till you see me.' I swear I could hear his wink.

I roll my eyes to myself. I lift my head up and give the man my best smile. He's an employee... could it be you?

'LOL, you wish.'

I resist the urge to put my head back down. "You could say that..." I mutter. The man chuckles.

"I'm Elias, you can call me Eli," he flashes his amazing grin. I glance back to see his wings. They were slightly darkened, like a gunmetal grey.

"It's a long story, I was kinda forced into it...."

My eyes widen. "I-I'm so sorry, it's just habit to check the wings.."

He smiles warmly. "No, it's fine. I'm used to it by now. I didn't catch your name?" I chuckle.

"Oh, sorry... I'm Cienna, you can call me Enna." He smiles, his perfect teeth flashing pearly white.

"Beautiful name, Cienna. Could I maybe get your number?"

"O-of course..."

I jot my number down on my notepad and tear the paper out. "Thank you, Cienna."

I resist the urge to sigh in content as my name rolls smoothly off his tongue. I watch him go, slipping the paper into his pocket.