Chapter 17

Fast forward half an hour, we're both sitting on her bed, eating Pops cereal.

Elaine sits up. "Enna."

I sit up, copying her. "Elaine."

"You told me you had found your Soulmate." I cringe.

"I... did," I mutter.

She frowns. "And?" I set my bowl on her bedside table and lay down on her bed, staring at the fan.

"I don't know who he is." She frowns.

"What do you mean?"

I sigh. "I mean, I know his name. I know a lot about him. But I don't know him. As in, I've never met him... at least I don't remember meeting him."

She frowns. "What's his name? Maybe I've seen him around the school."

I pause, before closing my eyes and sighing. "Zachariel," I mutter. It's quiet for a moment, and I'm afraid to meet her gaze, in case she's met him.

"I don't recognize the name," she says quietly. "I'm sorry, Enna. I wish I could help..."

I smile up at her. "No, it's fine. I'm just glad he's talking to me now."

"Wait, he didn't talk to you at first?"

"Well, he did- he was just being a dick about it," I chuckle, thinking about all his snarky remarks.

"You totally like him," she giggles.

I frown. "No I do not. He's a dick, like I said." She laughs.

"Mmhmm, you forget I know you. You totally like him." I roll my eyes. "So, tell me about him."

I pause again. "Well.... he's a pureblood Angel, but his wings are pure black- like Asher's." She's silent. I glance up to see her staring at me, wide eyed.

"What?!"

"Look, he hasn't told me why, yet. But he's honestly been amazing to me- so far. He's a good guy... I think." He doesn't say anything, but I can feel his blush as he smiles at my words. I've made sure to keep the channel open so he can hear every word I say and think.

Elaine's quiet for a while. "Alright, just be careful, Cienna."

I smile at her, resting my head on her lap. "I doubt he'd hurt me, but I will be careful, I promise."

'Thank you.'

I smile. You're welcome.

Elaine remains lost in her thoughts for a while, but I can feel Zachariel struggling to say something on his mind.

'Cienna?'

Hmm?

He pauses again, trying to figure out how to word his next response.

'Can we... meet?'