Chapter 40

Graduation seems like the kind of thing you're excited for. Well, not me. I mean, I'm happy it's finally over... but I miss sitting around a table with my friends. I miss the drama of being afraid of the kid with the black wings.

I miss walking into the school, remembering halls filled with white and gray wings, and seeing the new colour of black. The colour I brought into style.

The revolution I started.

And now it's all over. Sure, college students will wear their black wings proudly, but somehow it's not the same.

I singlehandedly got these people out to the field of the dead zone. I personally showed them the truth.

Zachariel embraces me. "It's over, finally."

I smile up at him. At least I'll have Zachariel by my side. "Are you ready?" I ask. I grab my bag and keys.

"Hell, yea. Let's see the progress." We walk hand in hand to my car, and head out to the field where it all began.

We stroll slowly, not wanting to rush this. I chuckle. "Remember back when my biggest concern was your identity?"

He laughs. "Yea, and I was a raging douchebag with no filter."

We reach the dead zone and all laughter dies away. It's almost completely gone. We can see the other side, clear and green.

Alive.

"We did it," I whisper.

****THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING, I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS STORY. I KNOW IT WAS SHORT, BUT THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL, SO KEEP AN EYE OUT!

CHEERS! ^•^