Chapter 29

I wake up in bed. No, it can't be my bed, no way he'd get passed my parents to get me to my room.

It's dark, but I can just make out the colour of the sheets and comforter- some kind of dark red or black. Mine are white- at least they are for now. I plan on changing them very soon.

I jump up from the bed. Where the hell am I?

I don't see anyone in the room, so I turn the lights on. The room is empty, for the most part. There's a desk, a bookshelf, a side table, and the bed.

I grab scissors from the desk and slowly creep down the hall.

"Jesus Christ,  Cienna, it's me." Zachariel's voice rings out in the darkness of the hall. I frown.

"I can't see you."

He chuckles, running his hand along the wall to find the switch.

The light blinds me for a moment, before I look up to see Zachariel. "Where the hell am I?" I voice my thought.

"My house... you fell asleep, I didn't want to wake you, so I brought you here.... I hope that's okay?"

My parents... "No, it's okay- Wait, was I in your room?"

He smiles. "Yea, I slept on the couch though, don't worry. I didn't undress you or anything." I glance down to see I'm still in my skimpy dress from earlier.

"What time is it?"

"I'm not sure, hold on." He disappears into the darkness to find his phone. "3am," he says.

I hiss. He must be exhausted.

"Insomniac, remember?" He answers my thoughts. "Are you going back to bed?" I shake my head, I'm no longer tired.

He turns on his phone flashlight.

"We can watch a movie if you want?" I make my way over to the couch, using his flashlight and my hands to make sure I don't run into anything...

I slam into something wooden and groan. "Fuck..." I hiss.

He comes running. "I'm so sorry, here," he says, lifting me up and carrying me to the couch. "Are you alright?"

I nod. "It was just my leg, I'll be okay." I point to it, and he inspects it.

"Do you need ice or something?" I chuckle.

"I'll be fine, Zachariel."

He picks up the TV remote and flips to Animal Planet. I laugh. "What?"

"Animal Planet? Really?"

He frowns. "I'm waiting for them to find the dead zone." That shuts me up. I would never have thought of that. "Sorry..." he mutters, flipping the channel to Friends.

We watch in silence for a while before I tackle him, taking the remote.

"Hey!"

I giggle, and turn off the TV. He stares at me questioningly. "Tell me something," I say. He gives me a blank look, making me laugh. "Something about you."

"Okay..."