Chapter 31

"I want you to meet my parents," I whisper.

He pulls away and starts laughing hysterically. I mean, rolling around the floor in fits of laughter. I sit, brows furrowed, and arms crossed, watching him.

"Cienna, do you know how stupid of an idea that is? Think about it, what do your parents see? They see their daughter distancing herself,  stops going to school, coming home later and later, losing her pure wings, and then all of a sudden, she comes home with wings black as Hell itself, with a boyfriend l- who just so happens to have wings to match hers." He has a point... "I'm going to instantly be the bad guy."

"Well, it sucks to be them, then, doesn't it?" I say.

He frowns. "Uhm... what?"

I chuckle. "Then it sucks to be them. They wasted all that energy to raise the perfect daughter, but in the end it was meaningless because her Soulmate was bound to 'ruin' her anyways. They believe in God, all I have to tell them is that this was 'God's plan for me', and they'll welcome you in their home."

He raises his eyebrows from his spit on the floor. "Interesting way of seeing things, Malak."

I smile.

He stands and walks over to me, before cupping my face in his hands and pulling me in for another kiss.

I sigh into the kiss. This, right here, with Zachariel, is Heaven.

He grabs my hand, gently leading me into the bedroom, somehow, I know he has other things on his mind, rather than sleep.

I pause, before following him into the bedroom...