Chapter 8

Nefarious

"He's sexy.", she compliments which for some reason pisses me off. I snatch the photo out of her hand. "You're here to do a job not fuck him."

I get out the car and slam the door shut. I'm not gonna lie, when she complimented that Russian motherfucker, that was a blow on my ego. I hear her footsteps behind me, knowing that she's right behind me. We step into the club and the exotic dancers are already staring at me. I smirk lightly because I know that I'm the shit, not that Russian pussy.

I lean into Divine and whisper into her ear, handing her the earpiece that will allow us to communicate. "Wear that, I'll be able to communicate with you.", and with that I take off with two females. They sit me down and rub my chest. I start to relax but I'm still vigilant, watching Divine's every move. The girls are talking but I'm not paying attention as I listen intently to what Divine is saying.

"Hey there pretty lady what can I get for you?", says the bartender. Divine takes her time to answer, then she finally does.

"I'll have the most expensive cocktail please.", she says with one of her dazzling smiles. Most expensive? Where the hell did she get the money? "And charge it over to that guy sitting over there.", she says and points over to where I'm sitting. She orders the most expensive drink and proclaims that I'm going to pay for it.

The bartender comes back with her drink. "You know my shift ends in about 20 minutes, maybe we could back to my place and...", the fuck is wrong with him. Divine is not going anywhere with any man besides me.

"Sorry", she cuts him off. "But I'm not interested.", she finishes off. Nice one.

"Why?", because she's not interested you prick, get the fucking message. This guy is starting to irritate me. I'm about to get up and walk over to where they are but I sit back down because he already beat me to it.

"Because she has a boyfriend.", he did not just say that. "So back off."

"Thank you, babe.", that better have been a joke. Divine, she better not screw this up.

He chuckles and takes a seat next to her. "Anything for my girl."

They both laugh together as if they're old pals. I can feel my blood beginning to boil. I speak into the earpiece but Divine doesn't seem to listen as she has her back towards me and is engaged in a conversation with Dimitri. That son of a bitch.

"Divine? Can you hear me? That's Dimitri Valdor, the Russian mafia boss.", I explain but she doesn't seem to be paying attention. Damnit Divine.

I listen in to their conversation and I'm infuriated even more. He wants to take her out on a date and she is willingly agreeing. Fuck...I have a feeling she's going to mess this up and I cannot allow that. These Russian fuckers have stolen from my ancestors and I'm going to get it back to uphold our mafia legacy.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I see Divine standing up and her hand in his. Fucking hell. The next thing I know it Dimitri has excused himself and she turns to look at me. While I'm glaring daggers at her she has a smug look on her face then proceeds to wink at me and leaves with him. I got up, pushing the strippers off me in the process and storm towards the exit. The cold air hits me in my face as I scan the premises trying to find them. Luckily I see her...going into his fucking car.

Oh she's so gonna get it.

I hop into my car and follow Dimitri's at a respectable pace, keeping my distance.

*********

Divine

I'm in so much trouble. Nefarious is going to kill me and I'm going to 'hang out' with some big Russian mafia boss. Okay I just need to calm down and plan out my moves carefully so that I don't end up dead.