Chapter 44

Divine

"I hear you and the boss are going on vacation.", Lee voices as we hang out in the kitchen, munching on some red velvet cupcakes and nursing a mug of hot coco.
"You heard correctly Lee.", I say realising a heavy sigh.

Lee notices my lack of excitement. "Why do you seem so down then? Are you not excited?", he asks before sipping his coco.

"It's not that, Lee. It's just...your boss is spoiling me way too much and I mean he even got me a car for god's sake. It was a really nice gesture and I really do appreciate it but I feel like its getting out of hand. Nefarious got me my own lion park, he got me a Mercedes and might I add the latest model and...and now he's taking us to Seychelles for vacation.", I draw out for him, explaining everything he has purchased for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be unappreciative. The gifts and surprises are wonderful but I was taught to be independent, to take care of myself. Things like this I would've wanted to acquire them myself with my hard earned money.
The next thing I know Nefarious will be buying me a house and I do not want to end up depending on Nefarious and his money. I want us to be a team and if we ever do get married then I would want for us be there and depend on one another mentally, physically and spiritually.

"Damn, you're more independent than I thought."

I give him the stank eye and continue munching on the red deliciousness, my focus mainly on the cream cheese icing.

"Divine just enjoy it. The boss chooses to surprise and its not like you're asking him for these things."

"You think?", I query.

"Totally. Promise me you will enjoy your trip, alright?", he says placing his hand on my shoulder and giving it a encouraging squeeze. I nod my head and give him a small smile.

"When do you leave?", Lee questions me.

"In about three days."

"Wow so soon and I see your bite marks are beginning to heal.", he says wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. I laugh, he's right they are healing. Most of them look like I never got bit in that area at all but the one on my neck is still visible.
"Oh great news Lee. I spoke to Nefarious about Roman dating and he said he will be more opening this time. So I guess you guys don't have to keep it secret anymore, right?"

"What he really agreed with Roman being involved? Have you told Roman yet?", he asks unable to contain his ecstatic emotion.

"Yes and no.", I answer truthfully.

"Thats not a problem. I'll speak to her and get her opinion on when she wants to tell her brother but we won't bring up the issue before you guys leave."

Lee is a great guy and spending this time with him has been refreshing, his reassurance has lifted off the guilt that I felt on my chest and now I can happily say that I'm going to enjoy my time with Nefarious without having to worry about how much it cost him. I know now that Lee will treat Roman like the queen that she is. He is a good guy and a good friend.

I give him a tight hug thanking him for being such a good friend. We pull back when we hear Nefarious clearing his throat.

I smile up at Nefarious and walk towards him. "Hey baby.", I greet him pecking the side of his face.

"Hey, what's going on?", he interrogate.

"Oh Lee was just telling me to enjoy our little getaway.", I say not mentioning the advice he has given me. I study his facial expression. It is set in a hard glare and his lips are set in a thin line. "Baby don't be jealous.", I say giggling before kissing him with all the love and reassurance I can muster.

He smiles, flashing his all whites and dimples.

"I actually wanted to take you shopping for Seychelles.", he declares, his car keys already in hand as he wraps an arm around me pulling me closer to him.

"Shopping?", I echo.

"Yeah."

"Okay then let's go.", I say ready to go, dragging Nefarious towards his many many cars.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
5 hours later

"I am never doing that again!", Nefarious declares storming into our bedroom and placing my shopping bags on the floor. He is tired, annoyed and hungry.
He has been complaining since we left the mall until now. He told me that all he wanted to do was take a shower, grab something to eat from downstairs and then pass out on the bed.

"Babe it wasn't that bad, besides you also did a little bit of shopping for yourself.", I defend myself, trying to equivalent the blame.

Tossing his shoes off and slowly removing his cloths he goes at it again. "Divine I only came out with three bags, even that's a lot for a man. You on the other hand came out with five times more.", he queries looking at all my bags on the floor.

I laugh at him because three of those bags he is responsible for. "Well three of my bags are from Victoria's Secrets and you didn't complain at all when you were picking my underwear and lingerie.", I fire back.

"True.", he says with a sheepish smile. "It was the only part of shopping with you that I enjoyed. Don't you want to model some for me?"

"No.", I say sternly. "Now go take your shower."

************