Chapter 28

Divine

I cried and cried until my hazel eyes were swimming in red pools of misery and sadness. She's gone. I can't believe it, I don't even know what they are going to do with her body. Would they bury her or feed her lifeless body to a pack of scavengers. My mind kept swarming with all sorts of possibilities and the ride back home kept rocking me to sleep. With my concentration dying, I give into the dark abyss.

^^^^^^^^
The car has stopped moving and I hear the slams of car doors and heavy footsteps but I decide against opening my eyes however my conscious mind is still on high alert. The hood of the truck is popped open but I dare not to open my eyes in fear to see the evil and sinister man.

"Divine. Wake up.", I hear Astaroth's soothing voice as he brushes some loose strands from my face. I still choose not to flutter my eyes open but that doesn't stop the tears from escaping my shut eyes. I don't utter a word to him. I don't feel like talking. I am mute and I don't think that I'll ever be myself again. I am lifted out of the trunk, carried bridal style as I am escorted to my room, my room that lacks of Nefarious and I am pleased for that.
I snuggle into Astaroth's warm and firm chest as he carries me to my room. My eyes may be closed but my other senses are still functioning. He kicks the door open and walks in, shuting the door behind him. He gently sets me on the bed like a fragile ornament. I lay there unmoving as he changes my attire into one that is suitable for the night. There's silence high in the air none of us daring to break it as my hot salty tears fall silently, staining my cheeks.

When he's done he prepares to take his leave but I stop him.

"Stay. Please.", I plead with him as I could use some comfort now.

He is taken aback by my request and is sceptical, eyes wide and filled with shock, worry and doubt. He shakes his head and attempts to leave again but I grab his hand in mine and beg him to stay.

"Please, I don't wanna be alone right now. I could really use some comfort."

He sighs in defeat as he begins to take of his suit jacket, tie and dress shirt. His shoes and socks are the next to go. "Nefarious will not be happy about this.", he vocalizes and I know he is right but I will not be asking Nefarious for any sort of comfort, not after what he did.

He unbuckles his belt before telling me to give him a minute and that he would be back. Minutes later he appears in a pair of black sweat pants and climbs into bed with me, pulling the warm covers over our bodies. I rest my head on his chest and my arm around his defined torso as he pulls me closer to his structure. I feel safe and calm. I hug him even tighter and we are just in each other's arms until we finally fall into slumber.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It has been approximately four weeks since the death of my best friend. I had not once allowed anyone else in my room rather than Astaroth. He would visit me and bring me some food to keep my strength up but I honeslty didn't have an appetite, I only ate because it satisfied Astaroth knowing that I am at least eating. Astaroth has been good to me, though I did not request or need much he often came to set me off to sleep and stayed with me the whole night. He was like my giant teddy bear. He made sure that I had everyhting that I needed and would get me anything I asked without hesitation.
I have yet to see Nefarious because like I said, I have isolated myself from the rest, Astaroth being an exception.

Right now it is currently noon and I had just finished taking a bath. I sit down by the dresser as I study the girl looking back at me from the mirror. The girl looking back at me didn't have my normal vibrant hazel eyes, her eyes were dull, lifeless, surrounded by pools of despair and sadness. Her skin was pale, her hair untamed and her body looking frail.