Chapter 36

Divine

Throughout the whole dinner I kept staring at the man that has always been putting a smile on my face the past week. I study his features as he speaks to Astaroth about whatever topic they are on about. I watch the way his lips move with every vocabulary he pronounces, the way he flicks his attention between his food and brother. His face is free from any blemishes, his eyes are a beautiful grey and his hair is messy from having my fingers is in them not so long ago. I smile as I stare at him, however I am snapped out of my thoughts when Nefarious clears his throat and I notice that both him and Astaroth are staring at me with amusement. I look down to my plate, rubbing the back of my neck in embarrassment knowing that I have been caught.
The two men chuckle and Nefarious places his hand at the back of my head and leans our faces closer as he kisses me in front of everybody present at the table.

He pulls away and I stare wide eyed with a closed smile gracing my lips. He winks then goes back to discussing with Astaroth.

I excuse myself to the kitchen to set my plate in the sink as I am done with my dinner. I sigh and take a deep breath trying to calm my racing heart. My mind goes on replay as I re-live the kiss in my mind. I know we have kissed before but those were in private, away from curious eyes. I guess I'm fussing over this one because it was in front of the whole mafia...well most of them.
I grab a glass and fill it up with water. I drink it, enjoying the cool sensation by passing my throat.

Damn.

I love water.

I sigh out in satisfaction and place the delicate glass down.

"You are so whipped.", I turn around startled only to find Roman, Lee and Rea.

I laugh nervously as I reply with a question. "Is it that obvious?"

"Baby you were staring at the guy the whole time.", Rea clarifies while letting out a laugh. I rub my neck again, something I tend to do when I'm embarrassed or nervous.

"Alright! Could you stop?", I ask before turning to look at Roman and Lee who just happen to be standing so close. I raise a knowing eyebrow and smirk. "So you two...", I start and I can already see the prominent blush appearing. "When are you two getting together? I mean you both like each other so why not, right?", I blurt out, expecting to have the two scold me for revealing their secret but no, they are smiling and Lee even goes to wrapping his arms around her waist from behind.

"Actually we have been going out for the past two weeks.", confirms Lee.

I gaze upon them with shock gazes as I hold up two fingers in question. Roman agrees with Lee's statement.

"Wow I'm slow.", I say letting out a laugh.

"Of cause you are. You're only about you and the boss at the moment.", Rea illustrates and I playfully throw daggers at her with my eyes.

She holds her hands up in surrender as she makes her way over to me and engulfs me in a hug. I giggle and hug her back.

"We're keeping it a secret though.", Roman says suddenly. I look at her with confused eyes. Why would she keep this a secret? I look at Rea who also looks just as confused as I do then I look back at them.

"Why?", both Rea and I ask simultaneously.

"Well...", Roman starts. "Nefarious is...well he's...", she pauses here and there trying to find the right words.

"The boss would kill me if he found out that I'm with his sister.", Lee explains effortlessly.

"That's crazy. Why would he do that?", I ask in surprise.

"He is very protective of his little sisters.", Rea fills in, giving me an obvious reason.

"I know that but Allison has a boyfriend so why can't you?", I question again not fully understanding this circumstance. I lean against the counter as I start feeling the aching from standing to long.

"Allison is a year older than me and it wasn't easy for her too. Both her and Marcus had to convince Nefarious that they are happy together and that took almost up to a year and trust me when I say it was not easy.", Roman explains as I am bewildered. I mean sure it's sweet and caring of him to look out for his sisters but that's just being too much and I doubt that Astaroth is like that.

"Have you spoken to him? Introduce the topic about you dating?", I direct my question at Roman.

She shakes her head no. "I haven't had the courage. The last time Allison introduced her first love to Nefarious, Nefarious sent the poor boy away with a fresh bullet wound.", Lee laughs suddenly and we gaze upon him in shock. He stops immediately.

"The boss can go too far at times.", he tries to justify his laughter but with the look that we give him he can see that we are not buying it.

I sigh out defeated. I know it's none of my business but I would have loved for the two of them to not hide their feelings for each other from everyone but I respect them enough to not reveal their secret.

"Well I guess I see now why you have to keep it secret but you have to be careful. Your brother is bound to find out."

"And he will but it will be from Lee and I.", she says sternly hinting at Rea and I to not say a word. We nod in understanding. Rea asks if Allison and Rosalina know.

"Only Allison. I didn't think that it was important for Rosalina to know, it seems she discusses everything with Simone so I don't wanna risk it.", she explains and I can see the smug look on Rea's face. I roll my eyes and shake my head.

When will their feud end?

*************
hey lovelies💜

back with another chapter, hope you enjoyed it.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow if you're feeling generous and thank you so much for the support. I still can't believe that Nefarious (Tainted love.), got over 30k reads.

AHHHH I'M SO HAPPY!!!

until next time....

Azura☆