Chapter 43

Divine

1 week later...

"Of cause I would like for you to become my daughter-in-law.", claims Don.

I laugh out, throwing my head back. "Pàdre.", I say while clutching on his arm as we take an afternoon stroll in the garden. I've got to know and bond more with Don and Circe and they are truly delightful, one wouldn't think that Don used to be head of the mafia and Circe was a professional hit man. Having them here reminds me of my parents, its been a while since I've last contacted them. The last time I spoke to them was when they were preparing for their six month long cruise, they were so excited but I'm sure the cruise has ended. Maybe they're back home or probably on another ship.
I miss them terribly.

"You love my son, yes?"

"From the bottom of my heart with the deepest affection.", I declare my love for him truthfully, a gigantic smile on my face making me look like a love struck idiot.

"Then what's the problem? I know that my son loves you because of the way he looks at you.", he chuckles.

I smile, he seems to be familiar with this field. "How does he look at me pàdre?", I ask genuinely curious.

"Ahhh, my beautiful butterfly Divine, my son looks at you with love and pride. He does not hide it.", he says as he stops by the large water fountain in the garden. He stares off into the water before connecting his eyes with mine, sorrow overcoming his facial features. "I'm afraid you might become his weakness."

My eyes widen. Nefarious has a lot of enemies and if word got out that I'm his lover then there will be no hesitation in putting a price on my head. What was I thinking? How could I fall in love with a man involved with the mafia? I should've known that situations like this would be in my future. I don't want to be looking over my shoulder my whole life and I sure as hell do not want to live in constant fear.

"Fear not my butterfly, no harm should come to you.", he says. "Even if it does I know you will not go down without a fight."

I let out a small forced laugh as if not believing him. "How do you know that?", I ask in a soft voice.

Don stares back at the water in the fountain and so do I. "You see the water Divine?"

"Yes."

"What do you think about when you look at it?"

I study the water, slightly hypnotized by its movement. "Life.", I answer in short form.

"Exactly. You see Divine water...is a very powerful element on earth. It can change the shape of continents and cause disasters such as floods and tsunamis. It can take away life if needed be but it can also give life, like the rain that pours down on thirsty vegetation so that they can grow into beautiful wonders of the world.", he pauses letting out a sigh. "Though water can be destructive, it is also elegant and graceful when it moves. Like you.", he finishes off by looking at me.

"Me?"

"Sì. You are beautiful Divine, elegant and graceful like water but you know inside yourself, you would wipe out anyone who threatens your family.", he further explains and I give him a small smile in return. "Come now we should head inside, it is getting chilly outside."

"Oh, uh of cause.", I say and follow his lead into the house. "Would you like me to get you anything pàdre?", I ask Don as we enter the house.

"I'm alright my dear. You can join the ladies, they're in the lounge.", he says. I unlink our arms and hold his hands in mine.

"Thank you for the wonderful stroll.", I say giving his hands a gentle squeeze.

He pats my head as if I'm a little child, making me giggle. "You are a blessing in my son's life.", he punctuate smiling at me then leaving me. We go our separate ways and surely I do find the girls in the lounge. Roman, Rea, Allison and Circe are chatting amongst themselves when I enter.