Chapter 19

Divine

After the kiss Nerfarious dismissed me to go do my daily task. Though I am not thrilled about moving and sharing the same bed as him, I have to earn his trust by any means necessary. I have already moved my cloths and toiletries and other necessities to his room. I walk into the large bathroom of my old room and notice the laundry basket in the corner. I contemplate whether I should take it to Nerfarious' bedroom.

Hmmmm....

I think its best that I do my laundry first.

I empty the basket and walk to the laundry room where I empty out all my pockets before throwing them into the washing machine. I search my last clothing and it is the dress that I wore the night I meet Dimitri. How did I miss this dress? Shaking  my head and dismissing the issue I search the piece of clothing only to find a piece of paper inside. I pull it out and unfold it.

I gasp once I realize who its from.

Dimitri.

Hey Divine
Just remembered that I didn't leave you with my cell.
Feel free to call me anytime you want.

~D~

I smile remembering Dimitri and what a gentleman he is. I do miss him, we haven't spoken in two weeks since the last time he had business to attend to. I turn to the back of the page and find his cell phone number scripted.

"Divine.", someone says as I quickly shove the crunched paper into my maid uniform. I turn around nervously but instantly relax once I take in that it is only one of the helpers that work here.

"Oh Madison, you startled me.", I laugh nervously. "I-I wasn't aware that you had entered."

"What are you doing?", she eyes me suspiciously, making me feel uneasy and threatened.

Taking a deep breath in and keeping my cool, I answer her. "I was just about to do my laundry.", I answer truthfully.

"Oh don't worry about that, I'll do it for.", she offers with a bright smile that lays upon here lips. Why the hell would I let her do my laundry, no way in hell.

"Don't worry about it. I should be doing my own laundry.", I say unintentionally bitter.

She looks down disappointed. "I'm terribly sorry, I just thought I could help you out."

"And why would I need your help?", I cross-examine her. I know I'm being harsh on her but I didn't appreciate the she looked at me like I committed a crime or slept with her boyfriend.

"Considering the fact that Mr. Blackwood has demanded you grace him with your presence within the next five minutes, he would like to see you now so I suggest you go to him.", she informs me with a straight face.

"Oh.", I say not expecting the news. Madison rolls her eyes at my response. "Yeah oh."

"My apologies for coming out harsh, I'm just agitated.", I try to explain for my sour and unacceptable behaviour.

"We are all agitated Divine, none of us want to be here and we don't deserve to be here.", she explains with pain in her eyes as her gaze descends towards the white marble tiles. It's as if she is looking off into a distant memory as her eyes glaze with luminosity.

"How did you end up here?", I ask gently.

She sniffs a bit before wiping a traterous tear. "You should get going, Mr. Blackwood is waiting.", she reminds me before strolling out the room with quick paces.

I wonder...

Ignoring the complex difficulty I make my way to the man that is always tormenting me.