Chapter 21

Divine

Fearful. That word never existed in my vocabulary before and I had tend for it to stay that way. As a kid I was afraid of everything, whether it being exploring, thrilling adventures or something as simple as rejection, making me stay hidden within my hard shell. It wasn't until I hit seventh grade that I knew that I shouldn't be wasting my life with all the doubts and fears, I should be able to do whatever I want and become whoever I wanted. I knew that I deserved to live my ideal life. It was at that moment that I vowed to be a fearless, confident and an empowering female who isn't afraid to go after what she wants. I live by two mottos "You deserve to live the life you want." and "it's better to try and fail rather to not try at all."

As I drive in Nerfarious' r8, I remember all my parents teachings of how I could do anything, how they motivated me to believe in myself. They told me to never hesitate and to start a new chapter with closure from the previous one.

I arrive at the hotel and stay put in the car. I glance at the radio and the time reads 22:50, ten minutes left I calculate mentally.

I sit in total silence as I watch bypassers hurrying to get home after a long day at work. A ringing sound erupts in the car, causing the disruption of silence. I recognize the ringtone from my new phone, my iPhone XS max. Nerfarious had given it to me earlier today when we got out of the bathtub and dressed. I didn't want to except it because I've always believed in being independent and taking care of myself but Nerfarious insisted, well more like threatened to take me right there and then if I didn't take it.

I chuckle once I see the caller ID and of cause its him. I should've known that he already programmed his number.

I answer the call and press the phone against my ear.

"Nerfarious.", I speak into the phone.

"Has he showed up yet?"

I look around, surveying the area for any signs of Dimitri before glancing back at the time. "No but he will be in four minutes."

"Divine come back. I have a bad feeling about this.", he sighs out exasperated.

"There's no turning back now Nerfarious, I'll be fine. It's just Dimitri."

"Who will put a fucking bullet through your head if you don't get your stubborn ass back here!"

"Stop yelling at me!", I command as equally frustrated.

"Damn it Divine stop being so...", before he could finish I notice a man in a black suit approaching my car.

My breath hitches, "Nefarious I gotta go.", I inform before hanging up and stepping outside the car.

"Mr Valdof is awaiting, come.", he says with his thick Russian accent and he gestures for me to follow. He leads me to a isolated area, a bridge that is over a lake in a park that I've never been to. Once we reach closer to the bridge I notice a silhouette that has a very familiar body frame and I instantly know who it is.

"Dimitri!", I call out as I run to where he is, stopping once I'm only 1.5 feet away from him.

He doesn't look at me with those familiar soft eyes that he used too. His face is extinct of any smile or happiness. His jaw is set in a tight clench, his lips in a straight line and his eyes filled with betrayal, hurt and anger.

"I can explain.", I start.

He pulls out a gun from behind his back and aims it at my forehead, his finger lingering dangerously on the trigger. "You've got two minutes before I tattoo this bridge with your fucking brains!", he threatens finally pressing the head of the gun right against my head. To say that I'm scared would be an understatement, I am thrown into a state of intense fear and desperation.

Taking a few breaths I answer. "Dimitri I didn't have a choice, whether I liked it or not I am obliged to do what Nerfarious says. I unwillingly work for him because I saw something that I wasn't supposed to and he kidnapped me five months ago.", I explain on the verge of weeping.

I sniff for a few times before continuing. "The plan was to just seduce you so that you can tell me everything about your establishment but whatever I reported back Nerfarious already knew. I didn't want to do this in the first place, I didn't have a choice. I thought I could get the job done fast and quick but you made it so damn hard."

Confusion takes over he's features but his guard is still up. "What do you mean?"

"Well I think I have developed some feelings for you and I know that I shouldn't have but...", I let out an exasperated sigh. "I did."

"You're lying! Is this another one of that asshole's plan?!", he explodes

"No it's not.", I tell him pleading with my eyes and the tone of my voice.

I'm relieved when he puts his gun back, letting out a sigh of relief but I did not expect what was next to come.

Dimitri grabs a handful of my hair roughly to the point that my scalp is screaming due to the burning sensation. He then drags me as I helplessly and unwillingly follow. "Dimitri, what are you doing? Leave me alone! Let go!", but my pleas fall upon deaf ears as he continues taking large steps making it hard for me to keep up with him. We are off the bridge and now by the edge of the of the lake, followed by him applying force in order to move my weight into the mouth of the cold lake.

"Dimitri stop!", I demand as I try to fight him off. He shifts the position of his hands to my neck and wraps tightly, cutting off all oxygen supply.

He looks me dead in the eyes before speaking. "This is what I do to lying bitches like you.", he proclaimed in a dark octave voice then he lowers me into the water. I take a huge breath before my head is emerged. I start choking when the water goes up my nose and I'm fraying by body, indicating my struggle. I try with all my might to push myself out of the water but it's hopeless. He is drowning me. He wants to kill me.

I start feeling light headed as I keep trying and trying. I can feel myself falling into a dark abyss, my eyes that are burning due to the way they start fluttering.

With every little ounce of strength that I was holding on too, before slipping into the clutches of death, my vision darkening as black spots start to appear.

I black out.

***********************
@ReadTilTheEnd thanks for being an awesome reader and supporter. Your encouraging words mean a lot💜 thank you my lovely.

Hello my other lovelies💜

Hope y'all have enjoyed Christmas and the new year. Let's all make this year awesome and ours. Let's achieve all our hopes and dreams and let this be a rocking year for all.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

Azura☆