chapter 23

Divine

"Speak of the devil and I thought you wouldn't show up.", Roman is the first to speak as soon as I enter the room.

"Oh okay so you guys were discussing me.", I say jokingly. They all laugh and I spot Rea relaxing on the bed.

"Hey stranger long time no see."

"Right back at you.", she chuckles replying to me.

I plop myself on the bed in between Rea and Roman and that's when I noticed someone was missing. "Hey where's Allison?", I ask the two.

"Oh, she's gone to get some snacks and come to think of it she's been gone for quiet a while.", answers Rea.

"Well I'll go check on her.", volunteers Roman.

I object. "No no, I'll go check on her besides I could use a glass of water.", and she nods her head in agreement.

I walk out the room and follow the route to the kitchen. It's pretty dark expect for the dim light that's shining from the kitchen and I figured it would be Allison in there. I go to approach her but I'm stuck in my tracks as I see her making out with an unfamiliar man. I've never seen him before.

I feather step so that I'm not discovered and clear my throat as soon as I am in close range.

"Divine! Hey.", she says a bit shocked, coming over to give me a hug.

"Hey.", I greet back while eyeing this mysterious man. "The girls and I were waiting for you to return with the snacks.", I redirect my attention to her.

"Right, I got caught up.", she nervously giggles and its not hard to miss the blush that is creeping up on her face. I nod my head. "I see that.", I respond looking back at the man.

"Uh Alli...who is he?"  I ask in a hushed tone.

She takes him by the hand and stands by his side.

"This is Marcus. My boyfriend.", she introduces him.

Marcus is a tall guy standing at around 6'0". He has fair brown skin. He is neatly shaved and rocks a short cut hairstyle. He is strongly built and Allison looks so small compared to him. He is very attractive and they look good together.

"Evening.", he curtly greets.

"And to you.", I respond.

There's an awkward silence for a moment when I decide to break it.

"Um Marcus, the girls and I already booked Alli for the night so if you don't mind..."

"Not a problem. Babe I'll be heading to bed first then."

Allison nods her head and gives him a quick peck goodnight and grabs the snacks that she had gotten out. "Goodnight Marcus. Shall we?", I gesture upstairs, giving her a hand with the snacks.

She smiles and hooks her arm around mine. "Let's."

Soon enough we are walking back to the venue where the event is taking place, Allison and I making small talk along the way. We walk in and place the snacks on the huge bed.

"It's about time you got here.", Roman says as she puts her phone on charge.

"Well I met somebody downstairs who was keeping Allison.", I explain while glancing at Allison with a knowing look.

"Marcus?", Rea rhetorically asks. "Should've known.", she ends of rolling her eyes.

"Ahhh so this has happened before?"

"You have no idea.", Roman and Rea reply simultaneously.

I chuckle at the discovery.

"Can we just start watching the movies?", Allison questions, trying to close our current conversation.

We all laugh at her slight outburst.

"Sure we can, Divine what do you feel like watching?", Rea questions.

I look at the time and notice its a little over midnight. "How about HMM?", I suggest.

The girls look at each other confused then back at me.

"What movie is that?", they all ask at the same time.

"A HMM. A horror movie marathon.", I clarify for them.

They all agree excitedly and we start of with the conjuring horror movie collection.

***************
Hey lovelies

back again with another chapter and I'm really trying to push and update as much chapters as possible.

thank you to those you have been so patient with me and for those who are still supporting me. much love.

Azura☆