7

Seth woke up the next morning around five. As he woke up his eyes scanned the room as he quietly took in his surroundings. The second he noticed Becky's body curled into the large chair in the corner he slowly stood. Knowing how asleep she was he gently scooped her up. Her head immediately buried into his neck before he slowly walked up the stairs.

He found his way to her room before carefully balancing her in his arms as he opened the door. He chuckled softly as his eyes scanned the room. It was the only place in the house that hadn't changed since he left last. There were still clothes and suitcases all over the place. The decorative bed pillows were stacked messily in a corner next to her dresser.

As he set her down on the bed he noticed how she still had the small teddy bear he had won for her on their first date. He watched as her hands almost instantly grasped at it before she held it close to her chest. Carefully he covered her with her comforter before slowly leaving the room.

Before he went downstairs he quietly peered into Tyler's room. He could see the small boy sprawled across the bed, sucking his thumb, with almost all of his sheets kicked off of his body. Seth chuckled under his breath knowing Becky did the exact same thing as she slept, minus the thumb sucking part. He shook his head as he closed the door softly.

Slowly he made his way back downstairs before going out to the patio that overlooked the water. He pulled out his phone as the sound of the ocean calmed him. Shakily he dialed his mothers number almost praying that she wouldn't answer. Holly answered just as he sat on one of Becky's large lounges.

"Morning Colby, how are you?" He sucked in a breath as he heard her calming voice.

"I-I'm doing alright Mom, how are you?" Holly immediately noticed the slight shake in his voice.

"I'm doing wonderful. Any reason for your call Love?" He was silent for a few minutes. "Colby..?" His hand ran through his hair before rubbing the back of his neck.

"T-There's something I need to tell you." She hummed trying to get him to continue. "I-I h-have.." His voice cracked.

"Colby just tell me Love, you know I'll always love you no matter what." He sucked in a long breath.

"Ihaveasonmom." He spoke in one quick breath.

"Sweetheart breathe and repeat what you said slower." Seth took a few breaths before he finally got the words out.

"I have a son Mom." Though he couldn't see her, he could tell how shocked she was.

"What?" Holly replied after nearly a minute. It was at that moment that he could hear the patio door open. His head turned before he saw Tyler moving towards him.

"Give me a second mom." He set his phone down on the table next to him before he turned towards the young boy. As the two talked Holly could hear the quiet conversation. "What up Ty?" Seth could see the tears in his eyes.

"Bad dream Da." He was instantly scooped up before the older mans hand slowly ran along his back.

"It's alright little Love, I've got you now." One of his arms wrapped around the small body just as he felt Tyler's head bury into his chest. Seth's lips met the top of his head gently. "Go back to sleep Tyler. I'll be here." The young boy nodded before the older man grabbed his phone and pressed it to his ear. "Mom.." He said in a mere whisper.

"Let me talk until he falls asleep." Seth hummed a yes. "I want to know everything, but first I want to tell you that you already sound like a father. I'm happy for you Colby." He looked down at Tyler who had just about instantly fallen asleep.

"His name is Tyler, though I'm sure you heard that." Seth's voice was quiet still hesitant that he may wake the small boy up. "He's three Mom." It instantly hit Holly.

"He's yours and Becky's correct?" He mumbled a yes. "And I'm assuming you just found out about him?"

"Yeah." He replied quietly as his fingertips gently ran along Tyler's spine drawing a long sigh from him.

"How are you doing with all of this son?" She asked softly before she heard him release a breath.

"Actually Mom, I'm doing alright with all of this. Becky and I definitely have a long way to go with figuring all of this out, but with Tyler it feels almost like I haven't missed a day. It's really kinda amazing Mom." He said honestly before his arm gently draped around his son.

"I'm glad Colby. You need something good in your life besides wrestling. Your father and I would just like to meet him." Seth chuckled softly.

"You put me on speaker when I answered didn't you?" She lightly laughed.

"Sorry Son." She replied.

"Don't worry about it. I'm glad I could tell both of you. Love you." His parents replied to his comments in unison.

"Love you too Son." A smile appeared on his face.

"I'll talk to you both later and talk to Becky about getting him up to meet you both." Tyler shifted on top of him before his voice dropped to a mere whisper. "I've got to go. Love you both."

"Love you too. See you soon Colby." He hung up the phone before it was set back on top of the table.

It was then that both of his arms wrapped around his son. At that moment Tyler, in his sleep, wrapped an arm around him just as he moved to suck his thumb. Seth knew at that moment that the small child was nothing but content in his fathers arms. With the sound of the ocean around him he could feel his eyes begin to droop. His cheek moved to rest lightly atop the toddlers head before he fell asleep less than five minutes later.

"Colby.." Becky's fingers hesitantly moves through Seth's hair waking him nearly three hours later. His tired eyes slowly met hers.

"Hmm..." He said as she saw his fight to keep his eyes from closing again.

"It's going to storm. You both need to come in." Seth's hesitant eyes met hers before her hand moved to rest along his shoulder. She knew in the past he had trouble with thunderstorms and with the way this one was looking she knew it wasn't going to be easy for him. "You'll be fine C. We've got you." He slowly nodded before he carefully adjusted Tyler. As Seth slowly stood the three year old grumbled in his arms.

"You know he's exactly like you right?"