11

"So whats going on with you and Colby?" Charlotte asked the second Seth had left to go shower and change to ensure Tyler wouldn't have another reaction.

"Absolutely nothing. He's Tyler's father and that's it Char." The blonde eyed her for a moment.

"You sure about that Bex?" The redhead sighed as her thumb ran along her sons knuckles as he slept.

"Nothing is going on between us Char. We're cordial towards each other that's it.." When she trailed off her eyes met the blondes.

"Is that all you want though Becky?" The redheads nod did nothing to convince her that, that was the truth. "Bex.. Why don't you just let yourself be happy for once? Fuck what everyone else thinks, just do what you want." A small smile appeared on Becky's face before she nodded. "Also I see what you said about him changing, he definitely has but I still haven't figured out to what extent."

"He's still the same idiot he was three years ago, his attitudes just changed." Charlotte chuckled softly.

"He's become a dad Bex... you may not see it but I do. He took on the role faster than you could blink.." The redhead shrugged before they sat in silence for a few minutes. "Do you still love him?"

"I always have Char. I just don't know if I can trust him." The blonde nodded before completely dropping the subject. "Colby's thinking about moving out here again." Becky said quietly after nearly twenty minutes.

"He's not really thinking Bex. I've been helping him look at houses for the past week.." Charlotte admitted before her eyes met her best friends.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She replied.

"Wasn't my place to tell you and he wanted to ask you before he did anything." The redhead nodded before her eyes moved back to her son.

"Did he find anything?" Before Charlotte could answer they heard Seth walk into the room. He sat on the opposite side of the women before his hand gently took Tyler's small one.

"Did I miss anything?" He asked quietly before they both shook their heads.

"The doctor just said that he would be out for a few hours and then we could take him home. I also got an appointment with an allergist for him." He nodded at Becky's words before he sunk back into his chair. "Char also told me you've been looking at houses." He turned bright red as the blonde smacked her hard. "Jesus Asshole I was just going to ask him if he found anything he liked.."

"There's a place on the beach that I found on the plane. I was supposed to look at it tomorrow afternoon but I think I'm going to reschedule." Both women shook their heads.

"Don't reschedule idiot. Nothing will happen if you're gone for an hour." Becky stated before he nodded a small smile appearing on his face. "You brushed your teeth right?"

"Three times Red and fucking scalded my body with hot ass water. I should be good." She eyed him before nodding.

The three adults talked for nearly an hour before the two parents felt the small child begin to wake. As their heads turned towards Tyler, Charlotte quieted before her head followed theirs.

"Hey little Love." Becky said softly as his eyes finally opened. Tears almost instantly formed in his eyes before she carefully slipped into bed next to him. "It's alright Ty, you're okay." She cooed softly as her arms wound around his small body. His face buried into her neck as Seth hand soothingly ran along his sons back.

"What happened Mumma?"

•••

"Feel free to look around. I have to make a quick call before I join you." Seth nodded at the real estate agents words before he walked into the house.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6209-Ocean-Front-Walk-Playa-Del-Rey-CA-90293/20385838_zpid/

His eyes slowly scanned the place as he took everything in. Though it felt like he was walking in slow motion he got through the house before the agent could hang up his call.

"I wanna make an offer." Seth said the instant the agent was in front of them.

"Are you sure?" The other man asked as his eyes scanned the man in front of him.

"I've never been more sure about anything in my life."

•••

"Soo.." Charlotte asked as Seth walked through the door. When a small smile appeared on his face she instantly knew what he had done.

"I bought a house." Both her and Becky's mouth dropped.

"You mean you put an offer in.." Charlotte said once she composed herself.

"I did and they accepted on the spot. So I did all the paperwork and once everything goes through I get the keys three days later." He said as he moved to sit next to the blonde on the couch.

"You're fucking insane you know that right." Becky commented before he chuckled.

"Some days I am but when you know a house is what you're looking for, you know." She simply shook her head.

"Still you're insane Spaz." He shrugged before Becky chuckled as his old nickname.

"Maybe.. Maybe not... I guess we'll see when I get the house." He stated before both of them rolled their eyes. "So where's Ty?"

"Taking a nap." Charlotte replied before he nodded. "So how've you been Colby?" He shrugged.

"I've been alright. Just taking life day by day." Both women could tell he was lying but would never call him on it. At least not at this point. His fingers ran along his beard as he tried to avoid the topic. "How's life been for you Char?"

"It's been wonderful lately actually. I just got married and everything's been going really well at work so there's nothing really to complain about." She said as a smile grew on her face.

"So who finally locked you down?" She immediately rolled her eyes.

"I'm still with Andrade you asshole." He raised his hands in defense.

"I'm sorry I didn't know Blondie." She eyed him before just about blurting our her next question.

"You seeing anyone Colby?" He shook his head.

"No." He said instantly as his eyes met Charlottes. It was at that moment that the blonde immediately knew he hadn't seen anyone since Becky. His eyes averted hers before the two women exchanged a glance. The redhead knew immediately what the blonde was trying to tell her and made her flush red instantly as she knew she hadn't dated anyone in the past three years.

The room was silent for a few minutes before they heard small footsteps come down the stairs. Tyler's sleep filled eyes scanned the room before he made his way towards Seth. He was instantly scooped up by his father before he felt the small boys face bury into his chest.

The two women watched as Seth sunk back into the couch. Before the two even realized what was going on both boys were falling asleep. As the older mans arms wound around his son Charlotte couldn't help but realize why Becky wanted him in Tyler's life.

"I get it now Bex." The redhead raised an eyebrow at her. "I get why you trust him enough to be around Tyler." The blonde stood carefully before squeezing in next to Becky. "He's completely changed, this side of Colby is one that I don't think either one of us have seen before."

"I miss him Char." Becky admitted.

"I know Love and he misses you too. Trust me."