21

As Becky and Seth walked along the pier she noticed how silent he had been for the past hour. It almost shocked her how much her saying no to Tyler wrestling affected him. Gently her fingers laced with his as she moved closer to him. His arm interlaced with hers carefully as he felt her lean into him.

"I love you." She said quietly hoping for an answer. Instead she felt his lips press to the top of her head as he remained mute. "Colby I am not watching my son go through injury after injury. I have to do that enough watching you. I'm sorry but you have to realize how much it pains me to see it happen to you let alone how much it would kill me to see it happen to him." She watched as his lips pursed. He was trying to stay quiet but she could tell the words were bubbling in his mouth.

"Can't you just let him try what he likes? Hell we don't even know if he wants to try it. Why are you already shutting it down?" Becky sighed as the words slipped from Seth's mouth.

"Because I am not letting my son try something that he's more than likely going to love that will lead to him getting seriously injured. Just drop it Colby. It's not going to happen." His mouth shut as his eyes remained trained in front of them.

"If he's going to love it why keep him from it." A frustrated sigh left her lips.

"Drop it." She grumbled as her hand left his. His fingers moved to scratch his beard before she knew he was thinking of some sort of argument. "Colby please. I don't want to fight over this right now. Can we talk it over later." He sighed before nodding as his arm slipped around her shoulders.

"Love you." He said quietly as his lips met the top of her head.

"I love you too grumpy pants." He scoffed at her words before they both started to laugh. "Wanna get some deep fried desserts?"

"Dessert before dinner? Geez you're a rebel. I don't know if I can keep up with you." She rolled her eyes as she laughed.

"Come on old man. We can eat first then do that but we need to decide where we're eating." He nodded as he felt her arm wind around his waist and lean into him.

"Mexican?" He said remembering the place they had gone years ago on one of their first dates.

"You talking about Mariasol?" He nodded before her eyes just about lit up. "I think I might like that idea. That way you can still eat what you want.." His lips met the top of her head before they saw the flash of a camera. "God I hate the times we live in." He chuckled quietly.

"You've just gotta ignore it Bex. I mean fuck it, it's not like anybody really cares at this point.." She nodded as the two walked down the pier. "Wanna see if we can get it to go though so we can eat it on the beach?" She immediately nodded before her lips brushed his cheek. They heard the snap of another camera. Seth's head snapped towards the noise before she gently squeezed his hip trying to get him to ignore it. "You wanna maybe leave us alone?"

Becky chuckled under her breath as she saw the photographer immediately become frazzled. As the stranger turned on his heels and headed in the other direction, Seth's hand gently squeezed her shoulder.

"Well that was easy.." He commented before she simply shook her head and laughed.

•••

By the time they ate their food the sun was beginning to set. Their shoes were kicked off before they began to walk down the beach. As they came upon a secluded spot Becky stopped him before dragging him so they could sit atop a large rock that overlooked the water. The second Seth moved to sit next to her her body curled into his.

"I'm sorry about earlier Bex. I just.. I don't know. I mean I've always wanted to have a son that I can teach how to wrestle the right way. I understand your fear of him getting hurt, I just feel like we should give him the choice of whether or not he wants to do it." He began quietly as her head moved to rest along his shoulder.

"You will be the only one to teach him." He lightly laughed.

"Do you even need to say that Bex? There's no question that the both of us will be the ones to teach him. Fergal and Char too, and maybe Jon." She immediately shook her head.

"I don't want Jon anywhere near my son. I love him to death but Ty does not need to be fucking cracked in the mind like Jon and want to get hurt everyday." He started to laugh.

"Okay, no Jon. Don't even know why I said that because I completely agree with you. He's one of the most skilled people I know but he's fucking insane." Her lips pressed to his cheek before his head turned and his lips connected with hers. Their lips separated as a large gust of wind hit them.

Seth caught her hat as it flew off her head. Becky's eyes met his before her lips pressed to his. A stray photographer caught the moment just as the sun set. She hesitantly made her way over to the two, waiting for the moment to end before she gently tapped the redhead on the shoulder.

"I'm sorry I don't mean to bother you both but I caught this amazing picture of you both and wanted to know if I could post it and tag you both in it." Becky eyed the woman slowly.

"As long as we can see it first." Seth spoke carefully before the photographer pulled her camera out. She showed the two the picture before they each gave her their Instagram handles. "You know that's going to blow up." He said once they were alone again.

"And.."

Seth was right.

The post absolutely blew up.