8

"Do you want him Red?" Seth asked quietly as they walked into the living room. Becky shook her head as she closed the patio doors and the curtains.

"You keep him Colby, he's a really good cuddle. I was going to make us some coffee." A small smile appeared on his face before she disappeared into the kitchen. Instead of staying in the empty room he opted to follow her before he quietly leaned against the counter in the corner.

"Does he normally sleep like this?" He commented as he noticed Tyler still sound asleep in his arms. She chuckled softly as she nodded.

"He sleeps like the dead Colby. Always have, always will hopefully. It's what makes him so easy. Get him to fall asleep and he'll sleep for hours especially if he's comfortable. What makes him even more amazing, is that no matter how long he sleeps during the day, he always sleeps at night." She explained as she moved effortlessly around the kitchen making coffee.

"That's not unhealthy right?" She shook her head.

"He's young still and I've told his doctor about it. It's nothing to worry about, he just likes his sleep just like all of us." Seth chuckled quietly before he felt Tyler shift in his arms. He carefully adjusted the three year old higher before he felt a small face bury into his neck. "You know I think he's figured out the fact that you're just a big ol' teddy bear.." He shrugged as he laughed lightly. It was then that he felt a hand cover his mouth.

"Shh.." Tyler groaned before Becky gently moved to rub the small child's back. Almost instantly he moved into his mothers arms. "Mornin' Ma." Her lips met his temple.

"Morning little Love." She said softly as her hand moved to run along his back. "Need some time to wake up?" He almost immediately nodded before Seth chuckled under his breath. Slowly he made his way towards the brewed coffee before pouring each of them a cup. She was handed her cup before she leaned against the counter opposite of him. Cautiously the redheads eyes scanned his body as he got lost in his mind. "You haven't been eating have you?" She said before she even knew what she was saying. His eyes hesitantly met hers before she got the answer she needed. "Why?" He shrugged.

"Just haven't felt like it recently." She shook her head before her eyes met his.

"You know I'm going to change that." She stated before he nodded. "Hey Ty..." The small boys eyes met hers. "What should we make for Daddy's birthday breakfast?" A small smile appeared on Seth's face when he realized she had remembered his birthday after all of these years.

"Bacon and waffles." Becky raised an eyebrow at the older man only to have him nod.

"That sounds awesome." He said before Tyler slipped from his mothers arms.

"Go sit." He said before trying to push his father from the room. It was then that a loud crack of thunder hit. The redhead watched as Seth's body instantly tensed.

"Let him stay Ty. Daddy doesn't like thunderstorms." The small boy huffed before nodding. As she got a grateful look from the older man she could also see the terror hidden deep within his eyes. She let out a sigh knowing the exact reason for his fear.

⏳⌛️⏳⌛️

"Red.." Becky could hear the slur in Seth's words presumably from the amount of alcohol he had drunk.

"What do you need C?" She asked rather annoyed knowing that he had refused to leave the bar with her hours earlier.

"Where's the fucking hotel again? I can't fucking find it." She groaned before sitting up.

"Where are you?" He was silent for a moment as rain started. His eyes scanned the streets looking for any indication.

"I don't fucking know I can't see anything with the fucking..." The call cut off just as the power went out in the hotel. She sat there for a few moments before trying to call him again.

Each call went straight to voicemail.

After nearly an hour of nothing but her worrying Jon slammed through the hotel room door.

"You need to come with me now." She couldn't even answer before he just about dragged her out of bed and into the hallway. When he took off sprinting towards the stairs she was right on his tail. By the time they got to his awaiting car they were out of breath. She didn't even get a chance to buckle her seatbelt before he took off flying down the streets.

"What the fuck is going on Jon!?" His eyes met hers for a second.

"Colby was hit by lightning." Her eyes went wide before tears began to flow. Jon gently took her hand. "It'll be alright Bex."

"How do you know that Jon?" She shot back.

"Because when I talked to the nurse from the hospital he was awake and asking for you." He could see her glare out of the corner of his eye. "idiot hasn't changed his emergency contact Bex.."

By the time the two got to the hospital Seth had been moved to a private room. The two quickly made his way towards the room before Jon waited outside as she went in first.

"C.." His head turned towards her before she saw the burns along his ear and neck. "What the fuck happened?" A tear slipped down his cheek before she moved to sit on the edge of the bed. Her hand carefully took his before she set it in her lap.

"I guess somebody saw it.." His voice was strained before her lips met his untouched cheek.

"Tell me tomorrow C don't strain yourself." His lips captured hers for a mere second before he pulled away in pain.

"I should've gone home with you." He whispered before she nodded. Gently her fingertips began to trace the lines in his palm before she saw his eyes close.

•••

"How are you feeling C?" Becky asked the morning after he was released. Seth slowly emerged from the bathroom before she was shown the bruising along his body.

"Come 'ere Love

"Come 'ere Love." She said softly before his body immediately sunk down into the bed next to her. As his head moved into her lap she could see the burns that would soon turn to scars across the left side of his body and his back.

"I love you Red." He said quietly as her fingers strayed through his hair.

"Love you more Colby."

⌛️⏳⌛️⏳

"Mum." Tyler said loudly drawing her out of her trance. It was then that she saw Seth breathing rapidly his eyes full of fear.

"Why don't you go turn some cartoons on Ty." He nodded before Becky quickly made her way towards Seth. Her hands hesitantly cupped his face before she forced his eyes to meet hers. "Breathe Colby." Her thumbs gently ran along his cheeks. "Everything's alright Love. You're inside nothings going to happen in here." As she took a step closer to him his head fell to her shoulder. "It's alright C.." She said quietly as her arms wrapped around his neck. "I've got you."

Slowly his breathing began to even out as she absentmindedly traced the scars from the lightning striking his body. He pulled slightly away from her before his eyes met hers. Everything around them stopped for a few seconds as they just stared into each others eyes. The two were so distracted that they didn't even hear the door open. It was only when Finn hollered for the redhead that she and Seth instantly separated.

"Bex! Who's cars in the driveway?"