MaeRon (Leaving on a Jet Plane)

He stared at his crying wife as he hugged her.

"You're going to be safe.... right?" she sniffed.

"Yes, Maegan... I will...." he reassured her.

"I just... I don't know what to do if you die..." she cried softly. He wiped her tears using his hand and kissed her forehead. "I'll be back for you, okay? I'll do my best to come back. I love you, okay?"

"I know, Aaron. And I love you too..." she said.  "Can you do something before you leave?"

"What is it, love?"

"Sing a song, for me and your son?" she smiled weakly and rubbed her stomach. She has to be strong. For him and their baby. Aaron smiled at her, and rubbed his nose with hers.

"Okay."

All my bags are packed
I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin'
It's early morn
The taxi's waitin'
He's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome
I could die

While singing this special song for her, he can't help but cry as well. Maegan saw this and kissed his tears away. She smiled at him weakly and sang.

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
'Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

She pecked his lips lightly and patted his now wet cheek.

"I'll wait for you." she smiled. He nodded and smiled as he kissed her for the last time.

"Bring honor to the country, I'll be watching on the news. Communicate with me if you can, alright?" she said once they pulled way. He wear his military hat before going outside, waving at her wife who is trying not to cry while patting her big stomach.

"He's going to be alright, baby." she whispered and glanced at her tummy.

~^*^~

It was already two weeks after he left, and Maegan was very worried. She hadn't received any calls or texts from her husband or the military, although she saven't received any news about the soldiers dying, either.

She felt a kick in her stomach and noticed that it was his son, kicking inside her womb. She rubbed it and smiled at him with tears on her face.

"Daddy's going to be alright. He's gonna be alright," she reassured not only her son, but also herself.

"Maegan?" she turned to see her neighbor, who is also a soldier's wife, tapping on her window.

"What is it, Elle?" she asked and opened her door.

"I just came here to tell you that the soldiers are all coming home today." she smiled. Her hands covered her mouth and gasped.

"Really?" she beamed and hugged her.

"Did you hear that, baby?" she grinned.  "Daddy will be back!"

And after that, she heard her phone ring. She opened it and saw a text message.

I'm going back. I'm alright. I miss you ~A

And that one message from her husband was enough to make her smile.