C H A P T E R 3

The second that I got out of school, I was angry as hell because not only had my money been stolen but the bad boy had pissed me off to no end so here I was, walking to Joey's school angry and ready to punch a bitch but I knew I had to keep my anger in check or people would start talking. As I rounded the corner to go to Joey's school, I saw a familiar car round the corner and drive up towards where the school's parking place was which was in front of the school, obviously.

There were parents' everywhere and some were already giving me looks when they saw me but I ignored them. When I first started to drop Joey off, they thought that I was the parent of him but then after telling them very clearly that I wasn't they backed off away from me and thankfully stopped talking to Joey. What can I say? I didn't like people talking to my baby brother. The only thing I wanted to do as of now was to go home with Joey and take a shower.

'What are you doing here?' I jumped when I heard a voice coming from behind me asking me a question but when I turned my head around to see who it was, I saw that Drew himself was standing there with a look of confusion on his face. There was no way that he had any siblings here but why the hell should I care about what he did with his life or even who was in it?

Turning back around to face where Joey would come out from, I answered Drew. 'I'm waiting for my little brother, isn't exactly a crime now is it?' I smirked at myself because I loved the tone that I had used with him instead of being the fun girl that I had been earlier but then when I thought of earlier, I thought about the money stolen and that made my teeth grind together and my face turn into a scowl, not a pretty one either.

'No but I do think that seducing the principal into not calling your parents is a crime.' My whole body shivered the second that I felt Cole whisper in my ear, but the words that he said didn't even process until I composed myself a couple seconds later. There was a smirk on Drew's face but I didn't know what bothered me more, the fact that he said that or the fact that he was amused about the fact that I actually had seduced the principal into not calling my parents, but it was for good reasons.

'Josey!' My attention turned to see Joey running out of the school building with a piece of paper in his hand which made me smile because on these days, Joey would be painting pictures for me or for mom and he would be so proud of it that he would ask me if we could stick it on the fridge but I had said no because I knew the asshole would rip it apart so I would cheer him up by saying it would look better in my room.

'Hey! What have you drawn for me today?' I asked, bending down to his level when he had run up to me with a smile. From above me, I heard Drew scoff making me glare up at him before turning my attention to Joey again who was looking at me with a confused face that often reminded me of a lost puppy or a sulky three year old. Joey handed me the picture anyway but once I looked down at it, my smile started to fade a little.

'Do you like it?' He asked me, pulling me out of the thoughts that I was having. Smiling at him, I nodded and pulled him in for a hug while feeling the tears burn at my eyes because Joey drew me, him, mom and the asshole but the thing is, he drew us happy and we were far from that but I guess that if he saw us as happy then it was good but he was living a lie wasn't he?

'Come on, let's go home and get something for you to eat and you can tell me everything that happened at school today.' I said, standing up to my full height and taking his hand in mine while handing him back the picture because I knew he liked to hold his master piece. However, the second that I took a step forward, I had bumped into someone making me look at Drew who was giving me an odd smile.

'I'll see you at school, Miss Josette.' He chuckled to himself when he said that making me give him a dirty look but just before I started walking with Joey, Drew said something which made my heart freeze and my heart jump to my throat. 'See you, little man.' Joey responded with a wave and a big smile which left me standing there like an idiot until Joey started tugging on my hand for me to start moving.