C H A P T E R ▪ 9

This morning, I had felt a lot better about everything and to be honest, I didn't actually give a damn if there was that aching pain in my lower region because, Drew had kissed me last night. I know that it wasn't on my lips but it was my cheek and that was enough to make me feel very giddy and happy about everything. Thinking about it now and how I was acting about that little gesture, I felt stupid but this was a guy who hated my guts just as much as I hated his guts! He kissed me!

Then I thought about why he would do that and there were many answers that came with it, but I just didn't want to think about them. The negative thoughts overtook the good ones and it made me wonder what rumours would be spread around school. Would he tell people that we kissed then spread around some other random crap? But this was high school and he was the bad boy, right.

A part of me didn't think that he would do something like that though, especially because he helped me out last night. I knew that Joey wouldn't stop talking about it this morning when I was dressing him and I was right about that. He wouldn't stop teasing me about what happened and he kept making fun of me and kissy faces but then I got him back by tickling him, obviously it would cause a ruckus and that meant we had to shut up until we got outside.

Last night's customers, or the asshole's friends, actually did okay. It was one hell of an odd thing to say but the reason I said that is because they paid big and the extra added bonus was that the asshole wasn't in there to witness how much money was being given to me and as per usual, my mother was high off her brains.

To be honest, the only reason why I probably got paid a little more last night was because I actually had fun and that was because I couldn't stop smiling. Enjoying sex was the thing that got me my labelling nickname, slut and last night was beyond amazing no matter how much it had hurt me. I wasn't addicted to sex, but it felt good for once again.

It would have gone a lot more rougher if I wasn't in a happy mood and plus, my arms would have hurt a lot from it. Speaking of my arms hurting, the ass managed to not ask about his change and instead he had set his eyes on the beer that was by my side when I opened the door with a little smile on my face and when I say little, I mean the tightest and tiniest smile because...who liked seeing his face? He was disgusting looking and not something to smile at.

So all in all, last night was one of the best nights that I've ever had and you know what? Today was going to go better, at least that's what I was hoping considering that I had gotten a lot more money than I had expected and now, I had a friend at school who I think I was having a crush on. Last time that I crushed on someone was elementary and it was on Chris Pine, who I saw on TV.

I shook my head and looked up the stairs to see if Joey had gotten the scarf that he wanted to get but when I didn't hear his padded footsteps, I went upstairs. 'Joey? You okay?' When I didn't hear a response from him, I ran up the stairs and into his room then sighed with relief when I saw him sitting on his bed, reading one of his comics.

'Joey, we need to go now or you're going to be late and I'm pretty sure you don't want to keep your new friends waiting.' I smiled when he looked up at me from his comic book, with his eyes gleaming with joy. He jumped off of the bed and grabbed my arm before pulling me towards the stairs.

The second that we got off of the second step, I saw the ass standing there with a lit cigarette between his fingers as he looked at Joey and I with an expression that could only mean trouble. This wasn't the first time that he's tried to look intimidating when Joey was with me; it was his way of teaching my little brother that he (the ass) was the boss of the house and if any rules were broken, you'd have him to deal with.

However, I always told Joey to not be scared of him and he listened to me because I was the only one that took proper care of him. Joey only trusted in me and that's how I wanted to keep it, otherwise his fears would stick to him for a long time.