C H A P T E R 47

I woke up the next morning to feel that there was coldness left next to me and for a second, for the second that I partially opened my eyes, I felt lonely, that was until I realized what day it was. This made me get up and even though I was a little angry that Drew left me this morning, I was more concerned and happy about the fact that Joey was coming back today.

Nothing else could make me feel like crap, nothing could bring me down from this mood. Everything that I practically did after getting up had been solely me just prancing around, getting ready and clean for Joey's arrival. After putting the bedding into the washing machine, the only thing left to do was wait, then eat of course.

When I had gotten dressed in a simple pair of jeans and a blue over sized top and finished the look with a thin brown belt across my waist, I went to the kitchen and decided to go a little over the top today and use the blender. The only thing that I really needed now was the fruits, which were in the fridge and I guess, milk? I don't know, I just felt like I needed to treat myself.

It looked as if my day could get better because when I went to the fridge, I saw a note that was stuck on there by a magnet. I noticed that it had Drew written on the bottom of it and I wondered how did he become so sweet? Then again, he did work with kids, so maybe it was that, or maybe it was the fact that...well, I couldn't think of many reasons.

Drew wrote a message that looked short and simple, but it was enough to make my heart blossom. It read:

"Morning, sweetheart. Sorry I didn't stay in bed with your sexy self, but I needed to get to work (yeah, I do that now). Hope you wake up smiling and don't worry, I'll be there when Joey gets back.

-Drew"

I held the note to my chest and smiled, something I felt like I haven't don in a long time, without any worries that is. Maybe I should write a book on how my life has turned out, then again, that calls for weird people being entered into my life again and that is the last thing that I want right now. Sighing, I turned back to the fridge and prepared my meal for today.

Joey was supposed to be dropped off here in at least three hours and I didn't know whether Drew would be here by that time or not, neither did I know if Katya was supposed to be here as my lawyer, but I could handle it. Couldn't I? I didn't even think so right now because it looked as if I was high on happy drugs. My cheeks were hurting from the strain of the smile that I had on my face and it was almost like I couldn't bare it any more.

Maybe it was the running around and fluffing pillows that took the time away quickly, because by the time it got to two in the afternoon, I was just realizing how quickly the day went. Drew said that he would call me on the house phone and tell me if he was near here or not, but he hasn't called me yet and I was worrying that he wasn't going to be here.

I jumped up in fear and almost dropped the house phone when I heard the knock on the door and instantly, my mind came up with all these new worries, but since the person was so impatient, I had no choice but to go over to it and open the door and thankfully, it wasn't Joey, it was Drew who was fulfilling his wishes.

'I'm sorry I'm late.' Before I could reply to him, he pulled me for a kiss that I wasn't expecting and it definitely took the life out of me for a couple seconds after he had pulled away from the kiss. Then went towards, where I'm assuming was the kitchen and he put something down. After a couple seconds, of what felt like eternity, I turned around and saw that he had put a bag of something down.

'What's in the bag?' I questioned, voice still a bit shaky, but I was determined to continue talking, no matter how odd it seemed for me to talk because I wasn't going to let him know that he had an effect on me, even though it really did show, like last night. Shaking my head, I walked over to where Drew was and noticed how he was taking things out of the bag.

My mind was still a little fuzzy, but I saw him take out a bunch of different toys and my mind further became confused because it didn't look like any kid would want to lay with baby things. I raised my eyebrow up at Joey and he grinned at me. 'These are not even just some toys, these are things that Joey used to like when he was younger, I remember.'

Instantly, my heart had melted at the gesture and I pulled him in for a hug because he didn't need to be sweet, but here he was doing the thing that I didn't expect him to do. 'You know, I wonder if we have a little time before..' I pulled away and glared at Drew making him grin at me and laugh. 'I was joking, J! Chill out you'll do fine and he'll do fine and all of us, will do fine.' He said to me.

'I wish I could believe you. I mean, what if he doesn't want to move in here any more and he doesn't like me? There is a huge possibility of that happening and plus, much hasn't changed since he last saw me and this place...well, it kind of still looks the same. What if it traumatizes him?' I feared, but instantly, Drew calmed me down.

'Josette Williams, you need to stop worrying so much because if you continue to worry, then Joey will probably figure it out and soon enough, he will think that you're not ready for him or worse yet, you don't want him back.' I parted my lips to deny that, ut he shushed me and continued to talk. 'I know you want him, but he might think otherwise if you continue to worry. Listen to the wise one.'

'How much more time do you think it's going to take for him to come here? I mean, do you think he's actually going to li-' I stopped mid way through my sentence when I realized that I was worrying once again. 'Josette, you're going to be fine! You're his sister for God's sake and I'm more calmer when I see one of my students get hurt.' Drew said to me then looked into space.

'It's just that I haven't seen him in so long and he's changed so much, Drew! So, so, so much.' This time, Drew held my face in between his hands and pulled my face closer to his. 'And I've known you for so long, minus the five year gap, and I know that you're one of the strongest and bitchiest people I've ever met in my entire life. Including the fact that you're a really good fuck. So pull up your girl pants and be tough.' He said to me, making me roll my eyes at him.

'Sure, captain.' I said, then chuckled when he rolled his eyes at me. He was about to reply, but the someone knocked on the door and my heart beat picked up, something Drew instantly picked up on, but he started chanting reassuring words to me before letting go of my face and letting me walk to the door. I started to chant the same words in hopes that I didn't faint once opening the door.

However, it was a whole different story and it was like I entered a whole different nation when I opened the door and saw Joey in front of me. 'Josey!' He shouted and threw his arms around me as I bent down and picked him up. I spun him around and I could feel my tears start to pour out of my eyes as I continued to hug my brother.

'Hey, Joey.' I whispered, then looked at Katya while mouthing a "thank you" to her. 'I've missed you so much, so much!' I told him and I told myself that I wouldn't ever let him go again, ever.