C H A P T E R 46

I was getting Joey back tomorrow! By that, I meant that he was going to be home and I was getting the place ready for him and I hadn't done much because I was practically jumping around the apartment and making a fool of myself. The neighbours must have been so annoyed with me, but I don't think that they heard anything, considering that I was on my tip toes.

This place was dusty as hell when I came in and I didn't know what was worse, the fact that the furniture wasn't covered with a sheet over it, or the fact that there was no bugs or rats in here. I shuddered at the thought of something being in here. Anyway, I cleaned up most of the apartment and there were only a couple things left to do and the one thing I was excited about, was the bedrooms.

The only reason that would be was because mom had taken all of the things down, so that when she would go back to the hell hole, no one would come here to find any of the pictures or some weird reason. It took a bit of finding and searching until I actually found that they were under the bed and one of my fears was looking under the bed and finding something horrifying.

I didn't know what to do with Joey's room because I knew that there would be a whole bunch of crap that I would have to throw away and...oh shit! Joey was going to probably need some new clothes too and I didn't even know what his size was! There was so many things that changed about Joey as he gradually got older, but there wasn't one thing that I didn't know about him.

It was because of the whole meetng him for two days every week thing that made me get to know him better and we would spend hours talking to each other about anything he wanted and now, now I know that he likes Spiderman, thinks a lot of comic strips and obviously drawing, but more grown up artists. He took his inspirations from when they went on a trip to the Art Gallery.

My smile and memories took to a hold when I heard someone knocking on the front door, so I put down the pictures on top of the little vanity that we had and then went to the door. There was a little fear in me that it might have been Nate because you would never know about a cop's whereabouts and plus, he would be able to find me anywhere.

It took to my surprise that I had found Drew standing there with his hands stuffed in his pockets and looking down, while I continued to stare at him through the peep hole. I took a step back a couple seconds after, then breathed in and out slowly before going ahead and opening the door and that was a clear mistake because I felt like the breath was knocked out of me.

'Hey.' I said, very weakly might I add. Drew scrunched up his eyebrows as he looked at me, 'Are you all right? Your voice sounds a bit weird and, scratchy?' I shook my head and cleared my throat, looking away from him to avoid looking into his eyes because they were majestic as fuck, as was he. 'I'm fine, think it's because of all the dust that's in the house.' I explained to him and he nodded.

'Is it all right if I can come in? Your mom told me that you were sprucing up the place because Joey's coming back tomorrow.' I stepped to the side and let him in as he continued to talk. I nodded my head and a smile lit up my face as I thought about finally getting Joey back. 'Yeah, this place was messy and dusty, but you don't need to help me. I've got this.' I said to him as I closed the door.

'Josette, let me help you! You can't do this on your own and you, for sure, can't reach for some of the things in this place and that means that you need a strong guy like me to help you, so that's why I am here and that is why you need to accept the help.' I closed my eyes for a second when he flicked my nose and I sighed as I gave him, making him grin at me.

'Can you do the kitchen for me? Like mop things and dust things off, check if there is anything in the fridge?' I asked as I made my way into the bedroom. 'Do you need help with anything in the bedroom? I can't tell whether you've been in here for long or not.' He said to me as he made his way into the kitchen because I could hear his voice echoing.