C H A P T E R ▪ 16

There was a mixture of feelings running through me because I simply didn't know what to make of the fact that the asshole wasn't at home yet (since his car wasn't out front) and there was loud moaning coming from upstairs as soon as I got through the door. I wouldn't have wanted to bring Joey home right now and I'm glad I didn't because I really didn't want to be explaining what noises were being made to a three year old. That was more than awkward, especially if I wanted that three year old never to have sex...like until after he was married.

I dropped my keys down onto the table and stared up at the stairs with my eyebrows furrowed because I was wondering who the hell was upstairs with my mother and how risky this whole business was, because the asshole could come back any moment now. This is where I was contemplating whether or not I should go upstairs and break them away from each other, but then that would mean having to see naked bits and I was sure that I was going to throw up if that had happened.

Speaking of throwing up, I've felt a hell of a lot of nausea run through me and the fear of getting pregnant had struck me but it was too early to tell. There was these new brands of birth control pills that my doctor had said I should take, but I refused because I didn't want something new changing in my body and I already hated how these birth control pills were effecting me but they did stop any kind of pregnancy from happening. I couldn't say that there wasn't any chances of me being pregnant right now, but it was very unlikely.

'Fuck's sake.' I muttered as I heard something break and smash from upstairs and I prayed that the ass didn't come home soon, because he didn't like to share his wife. This has happened before and there was many times where she was almost caught, but I stepped in and the whole thing was forgotten about, thankfully for her sake. Just as I was about to go upstairs, something had stopped me and that was the sound of paper ruffling in my pocket. 'What?' I questioned myself as I brought up the fifty dollars.

'Oh God!' The shout from my mother just made me snap and as per usual, when the ass wasn't home, I shouted at her from downstairs. 'Shut the fuck up! You're fucking lucky that I'm the one at home!' Instantly, the noise died down and I found my chest to be clenching painfully because of the words that I was having to say now, that I wouldn't have had to say a couple years ago. I sighed as I put the fifty dollars back into my pocket and made a mental note to put it with the other cash.

I sighed as I wondered what the hell I could do right now and when nothing came to mind, I found myself to be going into the kitchen to see if there was any food that we needed and thought about getting lunch started, just in case the asshole came home. Another thing that I needed to do, was get the money sorted for the asshole before I get into any trouble and only one thing was coming to mind and that was giving the fifty dollars that I had.

'Lunch first.' My stomach grumbled and made weird noises as I thought about food and the pancakes that I missed from this morning. It's been ages since I've had pancakes to eat and with the little amount of food that we had, I was guessing that something as simple as toast, was going to do. If we were lucky, sometimes we would have grilled cheese and something that I learned to do in order to make that, was to turn the toaster sideways.

With my luck, there was no cheese found and the only thing that I could eat right now that wasn't expired or had weird white stuff growing on it, turned out to be jam. 'Jam it is.' I said aloud, before making my way to the cupboard of plates and taking out the necessary things and then thinking about the amount of crap that I was going to need to clean. One thing that the asshole didn't like to see in the house was mess and he had gotten his sight on that a billion times before and he wasn't happy at all.

Once I was done with my lunch, I debated whether or not I should make lunch for mom and the asshole but then decided against it because why the hell should I? Instead, I retorted into doing my previous plans and that was going to clean up a couple things around the house (of course, just the bottom bit) and then figuring out how to get the money. Out with the hoover and the rubber gloves as well as the gross smelling cleaning products, the cheap ones.