C H A P T E R 27

School was going slowly and by that, I meant it was going more slower than it normally goes and this may due to the fact that I was wanting it to roll around the time to go home. Sadly, as I have mentioned, it was taking a little longer than it should do. There was at least three more lessons left until school was over for the day, but even that was deeming to take longer and I have aid that a billion times because I've come to know that I ramble when I feel someone's devious eyes on me.

It was beyond obvious that it was Drew that had been staring at me, but I couldn't get over the fact that he wouldn't stop it. I new it was because of what happened during the PE thing and after I had left to go see Nathaniel, but he was probably wanting to know more about why the hell I was being so avoidable towards him. It probably and most likely didn't cross his mind that it wasn't exactly me to be friends with benefits with someone that I lived under the same roof with, as of yesterday of course.

So, you'd be happy to hear that lesson had almost finished, but that would only be followed by with lunch and that would lead to more awkward conversations with Drew. This made me think about before I met with him and before he acknowledged my presence, I was normal and I was able to speak no matter what the situation was. Now though, now I couldn't do anything because Drew was there and he made it difficult for me to do these things. He sucked, okay maybe I was the one that sucked between the two of us, but you know what I mean.

The bell had rung, indicating that it was time to go to lunch and once everyone had packed and was walking out of the classroom door, I was taking my time in hopes that Drew left the classroom, ignoring the fact that I was there. However, that wasn't the case because he was still in the class, even after the teacher had left. It was only the two of us in here and it was slightly making me feel a little hesitant to do things, yes, because he was here and he was making it difficult.

'You want a hand to make things move a little quicker?' I jumped when I felt his hot breath in my ear, as he whispered the words that had a double meaning to them. Whirling around, I was pushed onto my desk bit with Drew bent over towards me. He smirked when he saw my chest rise and fall, because of him, all because of him. His eyes caught my own and I couldn't find myself to look away from him and he knew it. He moved in closer, closer and closer towards me until there was an inch between us.

Then suddenly, I was pushed onto my desk with my back on the table and Drew's lips, as well as mine, were molded together as we were feeling each other up. A moan was made at the back of my throat as he made no stops to touch my boobs underneath my top, then using his other hand, he had quickly lifted up my leg and wrapped it around his waist before closing the gap in between us. Sadly, all good things had to end some time and it just had to be a couple minutes after we had gotten into the kiss.

My phone started ringing in between us, but I couldn't find myself to pull away from Drew and neither could he so we continued to kiss. Soon enough, I just got angry at the sound of my ringtone and pulled away from the kiss, causing Drew to growl. I took out my flip phone from my pocket, not giving a shit if Drew was going to judge me about how I didn't have the modern day technology, then I answered the call. Almost too soon, I had regretted answering the phone because of the earlier talk with Nathaniel.

'Hello?' I asked, wincing when I felt something poking my back and I sat up, turning around and seeing that it was a pencil that had jabbed me in my back. 'Where the hell are you staying at?' Oh, maybe it wasn't Nathaniel that had called me. It was the asshole that I had lived with, I was wondering when he was going to call but I wasn't thinking that it was going to be during the heated moment between Drew and I. I didn't even answer him, knowing that it would piss him off, but that probably wasn't a good idea.

'Somewhere you, don't need to know.' I had to pause during my conversation in order to get the help from Drew, so that I could get up from my desk. I heard a chuckle on the other side of the line, a dark and sinister chuckle that made a shiver run down my spine. 'You forget that I know which school my own son goes to and you also forget how easily I can take him out of that school. So you better start coughing up where you are.' I knew what the consequences were now. Fuck!

'Why? Why do you need to know?' I questioned, not actually wanting to know the answers. 'It's a little complicated, but you know what kind of a good host you are to my customers and I need the money to pay your mom's hospital bills off...oh wait! They've already been paid off, but I just need you here because I've lost my job. And bring that little shit with you, I don't want the feds to know anything about what happens at home, sweetheart.' From the arousal that I was already feeling, the fact that he called me "sweetheart", added to it somehow.

I hanged up before he could say anything, but I knew this would result in something else, something much more dangerous which would leave my brother in something worse than grave danger. Quickly, I moved away from Drew and I walked out of the classroom, forgetting to get my stuff, but this call was way more important. I walked into an empty classroom and I started to dial the same number that called me, making sure that Drew didn't follow me in here, but then my attention was brought back to my phone call with the ass.

'What?' His voice was harsher than it had been and I almost flinched, almost. 'I take back what I said. I was with someone while talking to you, considering that I was in class.' I told him, something that was the truth, but it wasn't the whole truth as exact. I heard a sigh come from the other end of the line, so I thought about continuing to talk. 'I'll do what you've asked, but I can't do it tonight. I'll come by sometime this week.' I said to him, not wanting to rush it and do everything today.

'Fine. But you better do as I ask, or I'm going to tell the cops that your mother had those drugs and she overdosed on them by herself.' I thought that was what she had told the cops already? Then again, they would have arrested her and not actually willing to have a guard stand at her door as she was in the hospital. My attention went back to the phone call that I was having with the asshole and I closed my eyes as I spoke once again. 'I'll do whatever, but you hurt him and I'll make sure you're ruined.'

He scoffed and hung up and once he had done that, I asked myself why I hadn't gone to the cops already. Then I remembered that the social services would take Joey away from me, which would leave me wanting to kill myself. That's how much my brother had meant to me and if he got taken away, then I would never be able to forgive myself. I hated that he was being put into this because of my stupid self, then again, it was my mother's fault as well as the asshole's for not wearing any protection.

'What was that all about?' I jumped and turned around to see that the door was open and Drew was leaning against the door frame. Panic ran through my blood and I wondered how long had he been standing there for?! If it was long, that had meant he heard most of the conversation, but I was hoping that if I acted dumb then he wouldn't ask me anymore questions and he would just leave it at that. So then, I laughed it off, pretending like the phone call was nothing. 'It was nothing, something from an annoying family member.'

He didn't look as if he believed me and honestly, I wouldn't believe myself if I told myself the same lie because I practically did everything that you do when you lied. Drew hummed and turned away and I was confused for a second, until I realized that everyone was making their way to class and it only just left me, wondering what the hell I should do. If only I could get to Joey and take him to a far away land where it would only be a safe haven for the both of us, away from this hell.