C H A P T E R 28

I gasped as I awoke from a bad dream, breathing hard and clutching onto my chest as the other hand clutched the bed sheets, feeling the sheets wet with sweat. I turned my head to see that Joey was still sleeping peacefully and when I glanced up at the clock, it was only eight in the evening. Sighing, I got out of bed and then went to the windows, throwing the curtains open and letting the evening skies flood into the room.

Turning back, I walked to Joey, knowing that he needed to eat something, but then I remembered that he couldn't because he had a puke thing this afternoon at school and he wouldn't say what it was. Not even to me and that had hurt the most because he would usually tell me everything, but then again, it must have been too traumatic to say anything and that's a lot, coming from a three year old. I left him to sleep and I ended up dozing off myself as I had watched him fall asleep.

I was worried about him to say the least, because he hasn't puked a lot since he became two years old because I had been careful about what he ate. I was his mom and I was worried like how a mom should be, even though I was his older half sister. My mind went back to the conversation that I had with the asshole and I couldn't help but have this sick feeling myself, the one where I felt like my intestines were being tied up into a knot.

Deciding that I needed to go downstairs myself, I walked to the bathroom first to freshen up and then wash my face with some cold water, hoping that it would freeze my thoughts for a couple minutes at least. I knew that it was going to be impossible for me to do so, but there was no point in worrying when I knew that Joey was here with me and if he was with me, then he would be fine. Or if he was at school, because I was his guardian at the school. Yes, I may have lied about my age too.

I went back into the room and shook Joey awake and my heart clenched when I saw how red his eyes were. I was contemplating on whether or not I should go to the pharmacy and get something for him, but then I wouldn't know if that would do anything, or make matters worse. Smiling down at him, he looked up at me with a sad look, but I could see the smile that was poking out. Giving him a playful glare, I bent down and started tickling him.

'Are you feeling better now?' I questioned, giving him a pointed look so he didn't lie to me and he didn't say much, apart from looking to the side and muttering something under his breath, so I lifted him off the bed and then walked to the bathroom, in hopes that he doesn't act up and then pretend to be falling asleep. Luckily, he was more than willing to go to the bathroom by himself and brush his teeth, making me smile and return back to the bedroom to get changed.

However, just as I had pulled my top off, I heard the door open and I had instantly tried to cover myself up, but it was too late because Drew had already caught sight of my boobs. 'You mind getting out?' I questioned, facing the other way so that my back was facing Drew, but I didn't hear him getting out of the room and it got me just that bit more pissed off because he didn't listen to me. So I quickly put my top on and then turned around, realizing that my nipples were probably stood to attention.

Drew stood there with a smirk on his face while his eyes looked down at my boobs, making me roll my eyes at him. 'Don't know why I should go, considering that I'm going to get a good view of them soon enough.' I glared at him, crossing my arms over my chest, making my boobs bigger. Obviously, this had caught his attention, so I uncrossed them and put my arms by my side.

'What do you want Drew?' I questioned, sighing at the end of my question. He seemed to snap out of it by then and got a little serious. 'I'm going go out for a bit, so I might be back late. Don't wait up for me, sweetheart.' I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion, but Drew was quick to fill in any gaps that he thought he might have left. 'My dad's going to be home and so is his girlfriend, new one by the way, so you're not going to be at home alone at least. Joey can be occupied by the twins, so you're alright.'