C H A P T E R 41

The next time that I woke up, I felt woozy and unaware of the things around me. I stated to panic because I didn't know where I was, not even when I woke up to see white lights all around me and even when I sat up in bed to see the door, the room I was in, the huge windows near me. I still didn't understand. That was until I was being told to calm down while a pair of hands were on my arms and soon, it turned into a lot of pairs of hands.

I didn't know what the hell happened to me, or where the hell I was and it didn't even click in right away. I started struggling against the holds, until I was injected once again and I was put into a place where I fell asleep once again, where I didn't know what was going on and forced to fall into a deep slumber against my will...

*^*^*^*^*^*

Third Person's P.O.V

Drew stood by his step mother to be and watched as Josette's chest rose and fell, as she slept. He watched bitterly as Katya sat by her bed and watched the same girl that Drew was watching. Drew didn't think that Josette would be so stupid, but of course, he was wrong because he had no clue of what was going on in her life.

He scolded himself over and over again, asked himself why he wasn't there to protect her. But then he answered his own question when he said, "She wasn't mine to protect". Then again, she wasn't anyone's to protect as she didn't trust anyone to fall back on, not even her boyfriend slash fuck buddy Nate. Who would trust a cop?

Drew got off of the wall and sighed as he tried to rid the negative thoughts and the thoughts about why he wasn't there, because what was done was done and it has caused its damage. The only thing that he could do, was watch her breath in and out slowly until she woke again. He hoped her awakening wasn't as damaging to watch as it was previously, but he knew that there was a big chance that she would be woken up to harsh lights.

He wished he could have done a lot more in order to save her, in order to make sure that she didn't do something like that. Spending the day with her was one thing, but spending the day with her and learning that Joey got taken away by the Social Services as well as obtaining the information that she had gotten three jobs, well, it was a whole different story.

In his mind, he wondered how many women out there were suffering like this, like Josette was. It was only a matter of time before she would collapse and enter a state of mind where she would cause damage to herself, just to forget for a little bit how many problems she has been through, the doctor said to him. However, Drew couldn't yet believe it.

She wasn't a whore to him when they first met, she was a girl who hid behind her hair and kept to herself. Little did Drew know that she was carrying big bruises on her body, ones that she could hide away from everyone. However, one day she had just changed into a different person as a whole and she became the star attention to everyone, including Drew.

The only thing was, he already witnessed what she was like before she changed. He was always a bad boy, always the one to cause up trouble and stir it too, but to him, Josette was someone who looked at him with a different insight. She wasn't a whore back then, even though back then had only been a couple years ago, Josette wasn't someone who threw herself at Drew like others did. She was normal

It had been one night that Josette Williams decided that she was going to lose her virginity to the bad boy of the school. She had gotten punches after punches and Josette knew that it was only a matter of time before someone would come and take her virginity away; someone older and less appealing to her. So she decided to go to a party, lose her virginity to a guy she only saw a handful of times, then leave it up to fate to decide what happens to her.

After that one night, Drew knew that Josette was different from the other girls, even though she wanted him to have sex with her. Although, he did treat her differently to the rest of the girls he had been with, solely because Josette was a virgin when she had sex with him. From that night on, things changed for the both of them and it only pushed Josette in the direction of being a slut.