C H A P T E R ▪ 15

The next morning, I had woken up with a smile on my face as I enjoyed the sun hitting my body as I slept with Joey by my side. It was only a couple seconds after when I had realized that it was morning and I needed to haul my ass out of this bed along with Joey because we needed to get home. There was a terrible feeling that had washed over me and I found myself to be panicking because I didn't think about this before and thinking about it now, dear God I was going to be sick.

Looking next to me, I saw that Joey wasn't there and that was when I had heard laughter coming from downstairs. This gave me a chance to change then look presentable in front of everyone, before missing breakfast and then going home and walking to my room in hopes of not getting caught and asked about how things had went. Obviously, something was going to fuck up along the way but right now, I needed to just wash my face, put make up on and then get dressed or I would be in so much trouble.

While I was brushing my teeth, I kept thinking about the kiss that I had shared with Drew last night and if I'm being totally honest, I could still feel the tingles on my lips and I don't think that they were going to go for a long time. However, when there was a good side, there was also the bad and the bad side to the kiss was that this had sparked up even more feelings that I didn't want but had to get because it was obvious that Drew had some kinds of feelings for me...right?

See? That was what I had meant when I was talking about the bad side, thinking about the kiss would only lead me into those fangirling modes where it was hard to get over and then soon, the crush would turn into love but lucky for me, the men and the asshole had made it hard for me to fall in love. Although, something in my head was telling me that Drew could make it possible once again and there was no way that I wanted that to happen. Nothing should be distracting me and nothing should be causing me to want to punch someone in the face for feeling these feelings.

Brushing my teeth took longer than it needed to but luckily, I was done just in time to get dressed and pack everything that I had as well as Joey's things then go downstairs, only to hear more laughter and something flipping in the pan. A smile had come onto my face but I needed that to go, so I walked into the kitchen with a grim expression and that had changed quickly when I saw what the source of the laughter was...it was Drew, or Chef Drew, flipping pancakes.

Damn Drew and his soft sides to kids. I needed to be a strong gal at the minute and he was not helping me at all, not that he was supposed t or anything but he was just making things harder! Walking up towards Joey, I gave him a tight lipped smile and he knew it meant that it was time to go soon. There was no way in hell that I was going to be late in going home, no matter what the excuse was. Joey's puppy eyes was the one thing that could normally make me stay but I couldn't risk it.

'I'm sorry to stop the fun, but we need to get home.' I said, happy about the fact that my voice was not shaking as I thought it would do. 'My mom called and said we needed to get home, so...' I looked at Joey and he hopped off of the table with a sad look on his face, which broke my heart and it broke even further when he walked passed me instead of standing next to me. This time, the shakes were coming.

'Well, I'll pack you some pancakes that aren't burned.' Drew said, laughing nervously and I gave him a weak smile in return before shaking my head. 'It's okay. Joey has enough sugar in him today.' He didn't even eat his breakfast properly, so why was I lying for? I looked up at Drew's eyes and my whole world stopped when I saw the twins looking at me with this look on their face and it made me want to change my mind.

'Are we going?' I whirled around and saw Joey, sulking and not looking at me as he did so. Questions and thoughts ran through my mind and I found myself asking if he should really come with me to that hellhole or if he should stay here with Drew and his brother and sister. 'Actually, I'm going. You can stay here and I'll come later on.' Joey's face instantly turned from solemn and sulky to happy and excited as he ran to me in full force and hugged me...well my legs, making me think if my decision was wise or not.