C H A P T E R 49

My heart felt like it was going to burst open with happiness when Nate took the gun away from Joey's face, but then a sinister face washed over his looks and soon, things began to feel like they were making a turn for the worst. I didn't know what to expect, solely because this was Nate and he had the most fucked up ideas in his head.

'You're lucky that I needed you and your brother.' I frowned at his statement, but I guess we were going to find out about what he was talking about because Nate took out his phone from his pocket, then dialled a number before walking to the corner of the room. He was smarter when he was a little drunk because he knew to face us while making the call.

'Yeah, you can come in.' A few seconds later, we heard the front door opening and soon enough, my heart had jumped to my throat because I wanted to see who the person was. However, I didn't expect it to be a limping asshole who had a gun held to my mother's head as she cried. Damn, how did Nate manage to have so much power? And why, why on earth did he need this much?

'Why are you doing this?' I questioned, looking away from my crying mother and trying my hardest to get out of these bonds. Nate looked over at me and I stopped trying to get out for a second, just so he wouldn't get suspicious of what I was doing. He slowly walked over to me and I could feel a little relief when I felt some of the ropes getting looser and looser.

'Well sweetheart,' I cringed at the name; it was the same nickname that Drew called me. 'I'm doing this for us, I'm doing it so that we can be together and we'll be happy again.' I swallowed harshly as I looked into the eyes of Nate, knowing that he wouldn't become good for a very long time. 'This is so that Drew comes in here and he will shoot someone, I know he will and then...then I'll be rewarded.'

I felt like all oxygen and carbon dioxide had escaped from my lungs and I was now having to try and process the information through my brain, but I was finding it hard to do so. 'So, someone out of us is going to die and you're the one that's going to shoot one of us, but frame Drew?' I questioned, not being able to actually register the fact that this was actually going to happen.

Nate sighed and nodded his head, putting his hand in my hair and sliding it down, so he was now cupping my cheek. I hated his touch, I hated it so much because it made me feel like there was a lump in my stomach and my throat. 'I'm doing this for us, baby. I hope you realize that.' He whispered and I looked up at him from under my lashes, tears evident in my eyes.

'How is he involved in all of this?' I asked, looking straight towards the asshole who had a tight grip around my mother's hair. However, something looked really odd between the two of them and I couldn't figure out what it was. Nate turned back to look at them and that's when my mother tarted whimpering again. 'I figured that it would be much more interesting if he was involved in this.'

That made no sense to me what so ever, but I didn't care about that, I was more interested in what they were hiding and why they were hiding it. 'Now, it's time to hurt someone and that someone will be...' Nate started, then began making a drum roll sound with his mouth before pointing the gun at my mother, making Joey gasp in front of me, but I used my legs to stop him from running.

'Oh, it looks as if we have a volunteer.' Something was clawing against my heart at Nate looked towards Joey was was struggling against my legs, wanting to go and save his mother, but I wouldn't allow it, I wouldn't lose him. 'You get away from my son and turn your eyes on this whore instead. I think it would make sense to shoot her.'

Just as Nate turned around, the gun that the asshole was using against my mom, was now pointed at Nate. This made the guy chuckle, shaking his head, but his mood changed quite quickly as he took out his own gun and pointed it at the asshole, leaving them in an odd position. Everything was starting to click in slowly, but I wasn't sure that what I was thinking could be correct.

My mom was now on the floor, slowly making her way to Katya and Nate's attention was on the asshole, so he didn't realize what my mom was doing. Then all of a sudden, there was a huge noise and before you knew it, Blake and Drew made their way into the house and they had their guns up, as if they knew that this was going to happen.

'Great, now my plan is going a step further. But, we have a new guest meaning a bigger audience.' I squeezed my eyes shut when hearing the laugh of Nate. 'Now, I know we haven't known each other for long, whatever your name is, but in the name of everything, I'm going to kill you now.' A couple bangs rang out of the whole room and I got out of the ropes just in time to cover Joey's eyes.

I didn't even realize that I had my own eyes shut until a couple seconds later when police came in through the door and they were holding up their guns until they realized that Nate was on the floor. I didn't even know why, but I hugged Joey and kissed his cheek, leaving him with mom, before going over to Nate and holding his hands as he was probably breathing his last breaths.

'Hey.' I said to him and he slowly turned his head so that he was looking into my eyes and he smiled at me, very shyly. 'Hey.' Nate replied back to me. 'You're...You were actually going to kill him, weren't you? For the both of us, so we could live happily?' I asked him and he nodded slowly, as he bled out onto the floor.

'I'm...fuck, I messed up. I'm...I'm so sorry, Josette.' He said to me and I shushed him as paramedics came in. 'No, well yeah you messed up, but you helped me. You brought me out of that place and even though I ended up there again, you still helped. One way or another.' He started to close his eyes and I was wondering why the paramedics weren't saying anything to him.

'He's going to be okay, m'am. You just need to stay clear.' I fell back onto the floor as I watched Nate get put on a stretcher, then get taken away. At the same time, I saw Blake helping Katya and the asshole, who may not be an asshole any more, running towards my mom and helping her and Joey, but where was Drew?

I quickly ran outside and saw that he was getting into the car, away from the police attention and driving away. Hell, I couldn't even get to anyone's car because the police came up to me and started to question me, making me think that this was what Drew wanted, he got to run away without being interrogated.

It took me three hours to finish all of their questions, as well as learn the fact that Nate wasn't going to die, he was actually going to be a hundred percent okay, considering that he was wearing a bullet proof jacket. They were going to try and question everyone as much as they can, but they aren't going to arrest anyone because it was Nate who was at fault.

Blake ended up dropping me to where he knew Drew would be and I couldn't be more grateful because the thing that I wanted to do now, was to thank him and ask why the hell he left, because I knew it had to be more than one reason why. For all the places to be, my mind didn't come up with the fact that he could be at the place where he teaches.

I was guessing that no one was in here barring Drew because the whole place was silent and the only thing that I could hear was something being smacked. Walking into the main hall, I saw Drew's muscular back, flexing, as he punched a punching bag continuously. I didn't know what I should say in order to make my presence known, but it looked like he knew I was there anyway.

'Why are you here, Josette?' He asked me, not turning around to even face me. 'I wanted to say thank you, Drew. I wanted to know why you left without saying anything to the police, who are wanting to question you by the way.' I said to him, but he continued to punch the bag and I couldn't take it any more, so I walked towards him and just as I was about to turn him around, he turned around himself.

'What the fuck do you want me to say? I shot at him and so did Blake, but the only person who actually got hurt out of this was me. He wore a bullet proof jacket, we knew that, but shooting him anywhere meant that he wouldn't and couldn't hurt you. Guess I was wrong about you wanting to be saved because from where I stood, you still cared for him.' He turned back around, so I grabbed his shoulder.

'Drew, I do care for him, but I am not saying that I care for him to the point where I love him! I don't love anyone like the way...like the way I love you.' I whispered towards the ending, bowing my head down because I couldn't bare to see the look on his face. Slowly, he turned around and looked at me, I could feel his gaze on me and I didn't need to see him do that.

He put two fingers under my chin and lifted up my face. 'Guess what Josette Williams? I love you too, but there is no way in hell that I'm going to hug you or kiss you knowing that you were near that guy, no way.' He said and tried to back away from me, but I walked closer to him, laughing like he did and ended up holding onto his shoulders as our lips met.