C H A P T E R 36

For once in a long time, my life was going slow. It may have been because I was stuck as to what I should do, considering that my mom didn't have a place to live. Well she did, it was the hell hole, but she was staying for one reason and one reason only. She was going to sell it and since coming out of the hospital, her mind has been set on that.

So she came up with a plan, something she kept to herself, but in doing so it got the asshole arrested; her plan was to get the asshole arrested by secretly calling the cops and leaving the phone on for them to listen to the abuse. She even borrowed a camera from the neighbour that I used to leave Joey with and soon after, he got arrested.

Mom then decided that she wouldn't go to hospital because of the injuries sustained, even when I begged her to, but she wouldn't budge. It was like something clicked and she had suddenly had a change of mind to everything. Once the ambulance and police left, my mom stayed at the house and told me that she was going to clean up the house, make it look pretty.

Of course, I was confused as to why she would put in the effort because no one wants to buy a house that has had someone arrested in it and I'm pretty sure that word will get out about what...what exactly happened inside that house. However, it looked as if mom wasn't exactly concerned with that because she was being really determined to make the house brighter.

This was only two days ago, two days since my step dad got sent to jail and there wasn't any news about his court case or anything really. I haven't really talked to Nate about it, but he did call me and he said that he was working on it and that he couldn't really talk to me about it. So I left him to do that and I did the next best thing; help my mom with the house.

See, her idea was perfect and it was perfect enough to be real. She had decided that we sell the house and the quicker we made the house look prettier, the quicker we would be able to sell it. We would be able to get the house sold for at least $10,000 which was way more than we expected, at least that was the agent said. The best part was, there would be no problems.

Apart from me getting rarely any sleep. It was still me working, going to school, going to Drew's house to drop off Joey, unless he wanted to come with me to help re-paint the house. So far, it's been going good and we got three tubs of paint from these painters down the road and it was like God was pushing us towards our luck.

'You think that it's too blue?' Mom asked, looking at the kitchen walls but talking to me. I shrugged my shoulder as I painted the corners very neatly. 'No, but I think that it would keep the spiders away.' I said, sighing as I looked at the blue wall. It was a light blue, something that made the kitchen look very lively, something I never thought would happen but here we are.

'Have you looked at the apartment?' She asked me and I turned around, seeing the she was looking at me now. 'Yeah, they said that we could go inside and look at it this evening, at seven I think.' I said, getting pretty excited about it. It was a pretty good offer at $8445 and it is for sale. The best thing was that it's three bedrooms, two bathrooms and they promised us a good community and space.

Of course, there had to be a little problem, not a major one but it was a little too far from the school and the place I worked as well as Joey's school, which was a little okay I guess. At least it wasn't something to do with moving states or something, that would have freaked me out. I guess that there wasn't houses or places here that were actually good, or had a high price.

'You can go and check it out, if you want to anyway?' I nodded my head, agreeing to what she was saying and I said I would take Joey with me too because he was pretty pumped about it too, even though he didn't understand the concepts a lot. 'Okay, I think I'm done. I'm going to go and get Joey and see if he will come with me.' I said, making her nod.