C H A P T E R 33

It's funny how one thing can change the fate of many others. For instance, after I had come home with Joey, we heard the laughter and fun coming from outside, in the garden and instantly, Joey ran upstairs and I was left to deal with whatever was going on. However, when I had gone outside, I didn't see Ian or Katya, it was Drew and a couple other girls with him and they were having fun by the pool and some were in the pool with Drew's friends.

'Hey!' I shouted over at Drew, trying to get his attention but it must have been caught somewhere else because he clearly couldn't hear the call. So I walked over to the pool, or near where Drew was sitting while with other girls, before I tapped him on the shoulder, getting a couple looks from the other sluts that were near him. 'Do you mind if I talk to you?' I asked, with an edgy tone.

'Sure.' He said before getting up, but he leaned down and kissed one of the girls and made sure that he smirked at them, making them giggle. I wasn't jealous, how could I be jealous when I already fucked someone else today? Then again, it wasn't Nate who had given me the mind blowing kiss, but the sex he did give me. 'What can I help you with, Jo?' I didn't mind the nickname for once.

'Where the hell are the twins? They weren't at the school when I picked Joey up.' I said to him. He rolled his eyes and turned back to the pool, then started walking as he said, 'They went to visit their mommy.' My heart clenched because of the hatred that seeped through his voice when he spoke about the whereabouts of his siblings. I wanted to follow him to the pool, but his eyes flickered to mine.

'How was your time with the officer?' The bitter tone still didn't escape him as he spoke of Nate and I found my cheeks to be getting hotter as I looked down. 'The bites seem to be showing that he did well.' I saw him glance towards the love bites that I forgot to hide with the foundation and I found myself to be hiding them with my top, unsuccessfully. I felt ashamed, embarrassed, he made me feel embarrassed and he enjoyed doing it.

'It was good, least I got some safe sex. Something you won't get with these things.' I said, emphasising on certain words. Drew glared at me, but he went back to what he was doing with the girls. I turned to go back inside, but not before one of his friends splashed me with water, making me freeze, but there wasn't exactly much I could do, so I continued walking back inside.

Once I had gotten upstairs to where Joey's room was, I knocked on the door before opening it slightly and seeing that he was laying on the bed with his body facing down and my heart broke from the thing that I had to tell him that his friends weren't having the time of their life in the park, that they had to go and see their mother. I sighed and I walked to his bed then sat down on it, by him.

'Joey?' I said softly, he didn't say anything to me in return. 'Joey, the twins didn't go to the park today and I'm not sure how much I can tell you, but it wasn't exactly a happy place that they had to go to.' I noticed that he was lifting himself up as he had gotten or interested in wanting to know exactly what happened to his friends and where they were today, so I told him the truth. Parts of it, at least.

'Joey, they had to go and see their mommy and just like your mommy and daddy, their mommy and daddy don't get along. This means that it may be a happy time for the twins, but it's a hard time for their daddy and they may not understand what's going on when they argue. This is what Drew had to tell you, he said that they went to the park so you weren't...being a nosy little monkey.' I said.

I poked his nose and he smiled a little, confusion filled his features and I raised my eyebrow at him. 'I want to make them happy though, because I don't like seeing people sad. When daddy used to hit you, I didn't like that because it made you sad and even though you smile, I knew you weren't happy because you were crying.' He told me and my chest ached even more because he understood a lot.