C H A P T E R ▪ 13

There was a creepy feeling that was running through me and I was pretty sure that it wasn't the wind just crawling up on my skin and making my hairs rise and goose bumps cover my skin. I truly and honestly blame all of this on Drew and Drew only because if I didn't watch The Grudge, then I wouldn't be feeling like that scary woman was near me and threatening to eat me but crawling to me in odd directions. As you can probably tell, that woman is real to me and I'm afraid that she's going to come to me and kill me when she gets the chance.

'She's not here and I don't have an attack.' Drew reassured me as he tucked me into bed that was in the guest room. I clutched the covers but then remembered that the grudge could come and kill me from there too. 'Are you sure?' I asked in a quiet voice while looking around and then back up at Drew, who was looking at me with a spark of amusement on his face.

'I'm pretty sure but I do have a basement though.' He said, in a thoughtful voice as if he was thinking whether she could come from there or not and while those thoughts probably roamed through Drew's mind, in my mind I kept thinking about how she was going to crawl up the stairs and then chomp down on each and every one of my bones as she looked into my eyes.

'Drew!' I whisper slash yelled at him for scaring me by saying that. I mean, the creepy woman can turn up from anywhere and everywhere and Drew was not making me feel sleepy in any way or form by scaring me further. He was also going to get badly hurt in a little while if he didn't stop laughing at me. 'Can you take this seriously? My fear of the grudge is not something to laugh about!' I said then clutched the covers.

He stopped laughing making me breathe a sigh of relief but I froze when I felt cold air come up from one side of my bed, making my heart jump to my throat. I was scared to look underneath my covers so instead, I squeezed my eyes shut and hoping that this nightmare would go away. Then suddenly, a warm hand clamped itself on my bare thigh making me scream out, but the sad news was that there was a mouth that clamped on my mouth to stop me from screaming.

'You are just way too damn entertaining.' I stopped screaming and opened my eyes, only for them to be locked with Drew's own eyes and that was when I realized that his hand was still dangerously high up on my thigh. He cleared his throat before removing his hand from my thigh and taking it out of the bed and rearranging the cover so that the cold air wasn't hitting me anymore.

'Good night, Miss J. Make sure the bed bugs don't bite and the grudge doesn't eat you.' I was temped to throw something at him while he was at the door but decided to just growl at him instead and say, 'Good night.' I said in a very moody, child like way but in my defense, he deserved nothing more than that. I heard the door close and that was when there was no other light in the room apart from the moon that shone through the bedroom window.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I tried to block out the noise of the howling wind coming from outside as the tree branches hit the window lightly but there was no use in squeezing and blocking them out. I started muttering some prayers but knowing how much I've sinned, it wasn't going to do me any good so I thought about Joey and other things to keep my mind away from the horrible and terrible horrors of what I had watched tonight.

I had made sure to check up on Joey and when I came into his room, I saw him curled up with his favorite teddy and like always, he had his mouth open in an 'o' shape and just for those couple minutes, I felt like I was safe because I knew he was there. Then of course, I had to stop watching over him and come into the guest bedroom where Drew obviously thought it was funny to scare the living crap out of me by pretending to be the grudge, as you've witnessed a couple minutes ago, now.

The one thing that I was properly scared about tonight, was if Drew was going to see the bruises on my face and the horrible marks that were left on my body but luckily, the make up managed to stay on and not smudge and it reminded me that I needed to take off my make up or I was going to end up getting infection on my eyes from the little mascara I had on or I was going to actually smudge the make up this time.