C H A P T E R 5

It was Saturday meaning that it was the day that the asshole had to go back to work and I got to count up the money that I had gotten in the week, but I highly doubt that it was going to be as much as I expected and I was so desperate to call the ass and tell him that I was bored and needed customers. It didn't mean that he was going to be suspicious; it just meant that he would call.

Right now, I was on my bed with my stomach down with the money in my hands and I was counting up how much I had gotten then added it up with how much I had in total and to be honest, the money that I had stolen from me wasn't that much difference to what I had now but I needed a lot more to get a decent apartment and recently, I was eyeing one that was perfect and I did have to pay rent but that was every month.

I had a whole plan worked out for me and Joey and mom too but I knew mom was going to go running to drugs and that was the thing that was going to ruin my plans because I couldn't just leave her here to die and rot, I needed to take her with me. I was going to need to need to find a job and somewhere to leave Joey as well as keep an eye on mom.

Money was truly what made my life go around because without it, I couldn't afford Joey's happiness or could I afford to get a safe haven for us all. Mom was the problem in this; she didn't work to get us money and the way she had gotten her drugs was from the ass.

This whole plan thing had always hurt my head and it wasn't just making sense for these past couple months, no years actually. I got off of my bed then wrapped up the money into a rubber band and proceeded to put it underneath one of the floorboards and boarded that up before going back onto my bed and laying there on my stomach, flat while cuddling onto the duvet. Little running footsteps came into my room and jumped onto my bed making me groan because I was at the point of getting sleep.

'Mom didn't make me food and I'm hungry.' Joey said as he got up and started to jump on my bed. I looked at him through my hair as well as half my face being covered up by the blanket but then I pulled Joey towards me and started to tickle him as he squealed with laughter, something that I loved to hear from my little brother no matter what the time was.

'For someone who is hungry, you seem very energetic this morning.' I continued to tickle him then stopped, breathing hard before I was too wrapped up in my duvet. Standing up, I groaned and almost fell to the floor but luckily I didn't and I managed to breathe out a big breath before dragging Joey from my bed and carrying him in my arms. 'Let's get you some Captain Crunch, Captain.' I said then kissed his cheek as I walked out of my room.

It wasn't surprising to me that mom hadn't woken up to feed Joey because all she did and would do on a Friday night was drink or do drugs or even has sex with the ass. I had a rougher night than her last night but I could be bothered and get up for Joey because he didn't deserve to be treated like the rest of us in this house. Ignoring my anger, I walked to the kitchen and placed Joey on the counter while I went on the search for the cereal that I hid.

There was nothing planned for today just like every Saturday because there was money coming in one way wasn't there? And anyway, today was supposed to be my time with Joey so I could help with whatever homework he had to do and sometimes, he would do his puppy eyes and convince me to let him watch some of his cartoons for an hour or two, which I would let him do because he was only little meaning he had close to little homework to do.

'Josette!' My mother yelled my name from upstairs while slurring. Sometimes Joey would get afraid when mom woke up or talked like that so I kept him away when she was like that but I knew that she would never hurt him, drunk or not I knew my mother and I knew she wouldn't do that to her kids.

'Yeah!' I shouted back, not taking my eyes off of the TV. It was Ben 10, how could anyone be able to take their eyes off of their screen when this was on?