A Rude Awakening

Imagine Dragons - It's Time

​​So this is what you meant

When you said that you were spent

And now it's time to build from the bottom of the pit

Right to the top

Don't hold back

A/N: Sorry for the wait! Procrastination is my Achille's Heel.

A loud banging from a gong echoed down the hall as you tried covering your ears with your pillow. It was a bit weird, honestly, things seemed a bit louder than before. Was it just you, or was your hearing a bit more sensitive than before? You couldn't exactly tell, but Wu's attempt to wake up the boys was more troublesome than what was warranted. Like you were able to get enough sleep last night either with the boys chatting amongst themselves.

Back in the room with the boys, the old Tea-Obsessed Man still banged the gong while the boys groaned, lying down on their beds. ''Evil doesn't sleep and neither should you!'' Wu shouted to them. They groaned in response. ''In order to reach your full potential, we must greet each day as an opportunity.''

Kai rose from his bed, getting down from where he slept. ''Okay, okay, we're up. But if you want us to reach our full potential, shouldn't we at least get a full night of rest?'' He questioned, yawning as he approached the blinds. The Fire Ninja tugged at the strings to open them, but the blinds fell off almost instantly, clattering onto the floor.

Cole stretched his back. ''You call that a rest? I think my back has more lumps than the mattress.'' He complained to the others.

''We were up so late, talking about how cool it is to have a new headquarters, I guess we lost track of time. Since the Serpentine burned down our monastery, I'm just glad we have a roof over our head... '' Jay replied, putting his readied toothbrush under the tap and turning it on, not noticing that instead of water, some dirt came out. Oblivious to his soon-to-be-discovered issue, he started brushing his teeth, only to spit out the dirt that had replaced his toothpaste.

''What is our lesson today, Sensei?'' Zane asked. ''Mastering the strike of the Scorpion? Or perhaps the grace of—'' The floor underneath him broke after he went into a few poses, causing him to cough as he inhaled some dust. The others gathered beside him.

''I think today's lesson would be chores.'' Sensei Wu answered to the ninja's dismay.

''Chores?!'' The boys cried out collectively.

''Ninja fight, Sensei. They do not clean.'' Cole objected.

''In order to respect ourselves, we must respect our new home and where we are from. And this place is a long way from becoming a ninja headquarters. I expect things to be spotless when I return. And put your backs into it.'' Wu banged the gong again once he had passed the door's threshold, then stepped out of sight.

Cole helped Zane out of the broken floorboards. ''This place is gonna take forever to clean and fix up,'' Kai grumbled.

''Unless we put more than our backs into it, huh?'' Jay approached him, winking.

The ninja began cleaning out the old ship, with Cole first using his Spinjitzu to clean out a room full of dust and old parts which he gathered and put outside the ship, along with a sign that read 'Garage Sale'.

Kai and Zane entered a room together, the Ice Ninja throwing his Shurikens forward, which embedded themselves in the opposite wall, freezing it and the rest of the room. Kai brought out his Sword of Fire, the blade instantly lighting ablaze. He placed it near the ice, which began to melt. The two then whirled into Spinjitzu, clearing out the ice and the room was as good as new.