Paper Beats Rock

Jeff Williams - This Will Be The Day (ft. Casey Lee Williams)

They see you as small and helpless

They see you as just a child

Surprise when they find out that a warrior will soon run wild

Prepare for your greatest moments

Prepare for your finest hour

The dream that you've always dreamed is

Suddenly about to flower

A/N: Y'all get the popcorn ready 😈

The skies outside remained dark when you opened your eyes. A glance at the clock told you that it was morning, almost an hour until sunrise began, and with it, sunrise exercise. With nothing else to do now that you were awake, you pulled aside the blankets, swinging your legs over so you sat on the edge of your bed.

Your gaze travelled down, resting on the scarring on your legs from the cliff fall, a reminder that only some time ago you had broken legs. Even if time healed most of the wounds, the scars remained. They were there to stay.

Remo shifted in his sleep, murmuring things under his breath, curling up in his spot. The occasional 'ham sandwiches' he whispered put a small smile on your smile with a chuckle. Even in sleep, he managed to think about them.

Once you changed out of your pajamas you quietly exited, silently daring the door to make any sort of noise that could wake the others. Down the hall, you tiptoed, though a sound coming from the bathroom stole your attention.

Knocking once, there came no answer from the other side. Tentatively, you turned the knob, poking your head in.

Blocking the view of the mirror, someone in red pyjamas stood there, oblivious to you behind him. Quite a few tubs of hair gel sat on the vanity tabletop, some of them emptied while others were open. Looking closer, you covered your mouth to stifle the laugh that came out.

Kai's hair had been soaked in hair gel, hence the few empty tubs, the boy currently trying to divide the single spike he had formed it into. He shaped them into numerous points though they were sharper than usual making him appear just a bit taller.

The floor creaked underfoot. He stiffened, whipping around in a matter of seconds, albeit this meant some of the gel flew off his hair, some splattering onto the floor. Kai's gaze latched onto you almost instantly, though he didn't make eye contact.

''How long have you been standing there for?" His voice remained quiet, perhaps to ensure the others didn't wake up.

''40 seconds.'' You eyed the hair gel tubs. ''Just a rough estimate.''

Kai huffed, turning back around to grab the empty tubs, and shoving them into the bin off to the side. ''I couldn't sleep.'' He murmured, glancing over his shoulder before fully facing you. ''I thought this would work, but uh,'' He stepped closer, about an arm's length away. ''You're still taller than me.''

''If it's any consolation, Porcupine, you could probably beat my sorry behind in training if you tried hard enough.'' You said with a shrug.

''Porcupine-'' He looked at you weirdly, shaking his head. ''Speaking of training, how about we try that now?"