Day of the Departed

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: The Nightmare Before Christmas - This is Halloween / (DOTD)

───────────────⚪─────────────

◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►►⠀⠀ ⠀ 0:00 / 3:16 ⠀ ───○ 🔊⠀ ᴴᴰ ⚙ ❐ ⊏⊐

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I am the wind blowing through your hair

I am the shadow on the moon at night

Filling your dreams to the brim with fright

---

A/n: Let's just pretend it's still October, okay?

The sun shone on the sandy desert, and in the distance, engines roared. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a motorcycle appeared, with a figure clothed in red driving it

''Move! Move! Move! We're running out of time! Pick up the pace!'' Kai urged, sliding down the sand dune.

''Yes ninja, it's up to us to save the day,'' Cole spoke, driving his roadster. ''Again.''

''Roger that, Kai. Zane! Do you have a read?!'' Nya asked.

''ETA too late. Unless we break all speed limits. Increase velocity!'' Zane exclaimed.

''Already on it,'' Pixal replied.

Wu appeared on Lloyd's screen intercom. ''Ninja! I have reached the rendezvous point. Where are you?''

''The museum is still five clicks away! We're on our way!'' The Green Bean exclaimed.

(Y/n) rode her hoverboard, flying above most of the ninja. ''Well we better get there quick,'' she said. Remo peeked his head out of the backpack she wore and looked at their surroundings.

Jay flew by in his jet. ''Lookup kids! Jay to save the day!'' Ginja said, and laughed. ''Race you there, Lloyd!''

''Not if I get there first!'' (Y/n) replied with a grin on her face. 

''I still don't understand how you got the Supersonic Raider Jet.'' Green Boi told Jaybird.

''Uh, 'cause I called dibs. Guy who calls dibs first gets it. Right, Cole?'' Jaybird asked.

(Y/n) and Cole began to lose control, with the Earth Ninja drifting off in his vehicle while Vitamin C was trying to stay on her hoverboard, but her legs began phasing through the boots that kept her on the hoverboard.

''Right, Cole? Cole? (Y/n)? Let me go get them!'' Jay exclaimed and turned the jet around. ''They're drifting off again!''

The Master of Illusion began to lose altitude while Cole fidgeted with the controls, terrified as he watched his hands ghost through them.

 ''No. No! Come back...come... no!!!'' The Master of Earth cried out, and his vehicle drifted up a mountain, nearly crashing into Jay. 

''Cole! Look out!'' The Master of Lightning warned.

''Oh. Uh. Oh.'' Cole said, and landed. ''S-sorry Jay.''

It wasn't over yet. (Y/n)'s eyes widened as Jay's jet came into view, heading straight for her. Remo quickly hid in her backpack, scared.

Closer. Closer. And closer. In slow motion, it seemed. Then, Jay turned the jet sharply, missing (Y/n) by centimetres, so close she could reach out and touch the jet. 

Time went back to its normal pace, and the Master of Lightning returned to fly above the others. ''Phew. I know you're ghosts, but I'm still in the living world, and I'd kinda like to keep it that way.''