- chapter 18

[pov y/n]

We've been on the road for about 2 hours now and Sarah was sleeping like a baby.
I decided to make a quick stop just to rest for a few minutes.

"Hey Sarah" I whispered and lightly tapped her shoulder.

"Hm?"

"Do you wanna eat something?"

"No no I'm fine, can I drive now?"

"Are you sure you want to?"

"I'm perfectly sure, Y/N" she said and got out of the car.

I then got out as well and we switched seats. Sarah instantly let the window down and looked for something in her pocket.

"What are you looking for?"

"I..uh nothing" she said with a nervous voice.

"Okay"

-

4.25 pm

Sarah finally pulled up to a house which kind of looked like a lodge but not really. We got out of the car and I looked around.

"It's beautiful" I said smiling.

"You think so? My dad bought it some years ago"

"I really like it, I swear"

Sarah got the bags out and then unlocked the door to the house. It looked bigger on the inside than the outside which was amazing.

"Feel free to look around, I'm gonna bring the bags up" Sarah said and went up.

I first went into the kitchen which had a big window at the dining area. It showed a perfect view of the lake behind the house which I haven't noticed until now.
After I checked everything downstairs I decided to check upstairs.
First thing I saw when I went upstairs was a beautiful balcony and of course I had to check that out.

I opened the door to the balcony to find Sarah standing with her back turned to me. Every now and then I saw smoke rising from in front of her.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" I asked causing Sarah to jump in fear.

"I..I..."

"What?! Why didn't you tell me?"

"Y/N...I'm just..I'm just so unbelievably stressed"

"That's not an excuse Sarah, you could've told me"

"Please don't be mad" Sarah whispered with tears in her eyes.

"Hey..." I said and hugged her tight "I'm not mad"

"Are you sure?"

"100% positive but... please try to reduce it...I don't want you to get sick" I said softly and Sarah nodded.
Just as I finished my sentence there was a loud thunder.

"Oh god, we're going to fucking die!" Sarah said in panic and pulled me inside.

"Are you really that scared?" I asked, letting out a small chuckle.

"YES" she exclaimed and started locking all the doors.

She then looked at me "Do.Not.Laugh"