- chapter 30

[pov y/n]

I sat at the kitchen table, my head buried in my hands and me softly crying.
My dad went out for the evening because he met a lovely woman a few weeks ago and it looks really good between the two of them.
At least he is happy.
I wanted to text Sarah the whole time to apologize but on the other side I don't think that I have anything to apologize for since we we're just catching up and Sarah didn't let me explain.

10.35 pm

My dad and his new girlfriend, her name's Tammy (a/n couldn't think of another name), just came back and honestly I really like her, I mean she'll never replace my mom but she does care about me a lot.
She always asks how my day was and always helps me with problems but I don't want to tell her about the situation with Sarah.

"Hey Y/N" she said as she sat down next to me "Everything alright?" she then asked, taking my hand.

"Yeah...I guess so"

"Is it about Sarah?"

I looked at her and violently shook my head, not noticing the tears forming in my eyes.
She took me in her embrace and I snuggled up to her.

"Tell me about it" she said and softly patted my back.

"I..it's just... she found me sitting on the couch with Evan...a-and she didn't let me explain anything...So I left.."

"Oh honey...don't cry. You should go and talk to her"

"No.." I whispered "I want to give her time"

"I understand, do that if you feel like it. Talk to me when you need advice, okay?"

I nodded. "Thank you so much"

"No need to thank me, Honey" she said and then went back to my dad.

I checked my phone to see if I had gotten a message or something from Sarah but instead of that, I saw that she had posted something on Instagram.

185,439 likes
mssarahcatharinepaulson: dinner or something like that🤧 @/pillypie22

The comment under that post made me completely furious. People asking of we broke up or whatever but what upset me even more was the fact that she was with Lily.