- chapter 19

[pov sarah]

It was a little bit after 10 and everything was pitch black. And guess what, it still hadn't stopped raining and the thunder was also still there.
Now we were just laying on the couch, watching some movies on Netflix.

"Y/N?" I asked playing with her hair.

"What is it?"

"I know that I'm probably annoying or whatever but uh... about adopting... how long do you want to wait?"

"Uhm...probably until I'm 20? I mean, it's not that long anymore, about 5 weeks and then we can talk?" she asked smiling.

"Of course, we can take all the time you need. I want you to be comfortable with everything" I said and gave her a kiss onto her head.

"Thank you"

"No need to thank me baby"

There was another loud thunder which made me jump in fear.

"Oh Jesus Christ! I'm so scared" I said pulling Y/N closer to me.

"It's gonna be fine Sarah, I promise"

"Until we dieeeee" I complained as I sat up.

"Where are you going?" Y/N asked, sitting up as well.

I then sat down behind her and wrapped my arms around her.

"I love you" I whispered and put some kisses onto her neck which made her giggle softly.

"What do you think? We go upstairs and put some blankets in front of the window?" I suggested and got a nod from Y/N.

-

1.17 am

Y/N was constantly staring out of the window and watched the rain falling down.

"Aren't you tired?" I asked, hugging her from behind again and resting my chin on her shoulder.

"A bit but it's fine, I really enjoy nights like these, they make me forget"

"About what?"

"About everything. My sadness and all the worries"

"What are you worrying about?"

Y/N shrugged "I guess it's just that I'm scared that you'll leave me one day"

"Hey, don't say that. Y/N I love you. More than anything else, I'll never leave you"

"Are you sure?"

"More than sure"

Y/N then freed herself from my hug and laid down "Thank you"
I laid down next to her and smiled "Don't thank me for that"
I didn't get a response so I guessed that
Y/N fell asleep so I just watched her for a couple of minutes and eventually fell asleep myself.