In For A Shock

Chase Holfelder - Firework (Minor Key Cover)

Maybe a reason why all the doors are closed

So you could open one that leads you to the perfect road

Like a lightning bolt, your heart will glow

And when it's time you'll know

---

TW: one uncensored c slur, some ableism

A scream came from the Destiny's Bounty when a certain Porcupine woke up to a surprise. Remo slithered away, vanishing as soon as the others checked on Kai. The Fire Ninja had a very awkward start to the morning having to explain what happened.

Turning a page, you had to resist smirking once the sound rang out, sitting on your bed.

''Oh, how I love the sweet sound of Kai's suffering in the morning.'' You hummed to yourself, running a thumb over the creases of dog-eared pages. Sunlight filtered in through the small window of your bedroom, casting the room in a morning glow.

The pile of unread books was getting smaller, too small for comfort. You weren't even sure what you'd do once that pile vanished completely, rereading a few was plausible but for the rest? Probably not.

You knew all the endings for these stories, yet you had no idea what yours was. Were you really going to live the rest of your life like this?

Perhaps that was a question to be answered later.

Riding on a bike with improvised wings was The Postman, desperately attempting to catch up to the flying ship with a parcel in his grasp. ''Wait! Slow down! I have a package for Sensei Wu!'' He screamed out.

While below deck, you got up from your bed, sliding onto the wheelchair. Heading out of the room, you went to turn the light off but a strange tingling feeling raced down your arm as soon as you touched the switch.

The overhead light flickered to orange for a few seconds before completely shattering. A small yelp escaped your mouth, you instinctively used your arms to shield your face as the fragments fell, clattering onto the floor.

Looking down, you spotted your necklace's 'gem' glowing, only for a few seconds before the light faded and it returned to its usual false image.

''(Y/n)? Are you alright?" Nya's voice called from down the hall, footsteps following after. You scrambled to pick up what pieces would be seen if she were to come in, the wheels squeaking against the floorboards.

''I'm fine!'' You answered back in a shrill voice. Too late. Nya poked her head in, lifting an eyebrow before seeing the mess. Stepping in, she grabbed a piece of paper you had chucked and swept the glass shards onto it with another scrapped piece of paper.

''Not going to ask what happened here,'' The girl started, throwing away the glass shards into a nearby bin, then dusting her hands off. ''But I'll ask this: did you plant Remo in my brother's bed?"

''I didn't put him there, he wanted to do it. And he promised to just stay on the pillow.'' You replied, taking the paper scraps and putting them in the bin with the shards. ''He didn't do anything too bad. Besides, he insulted you and me.''

Nya looked mildly surprised. Then, her face melted into a smile, one that reached her eyes and was filled with warmth. You looked up at her, returning the gesture.