{2}

Hope's POV

Friday came faster than expected. It honestly felt like yesterday was Monday.

We was already almost done with first period. There was about twenty minutes left and Ms. Baker was explaining how to do some problem on the board. Nobody was paying attention though because everybody exhausted from the first week back to school.

There was a knock on the door and Ms. Baker groaned before going to the door and opening it.

"Oh, nice of you to finally decide to join us, Billie. Have a seat."

Billie walked in and looked around the classroom, unamused. She searched for a seat and groaned after realizing the only open seat was in the front of the classroom. Right next to me.

She dragged herself over to the seat. Once she got there, she threw her book bag to the ground and slouched in the seat.

I payed her no attention as I tried to pay attention to what Ms. Baker was teaching but struggled to stay awake. I didn't expect to be so drained after not even five full days of school.

The bell rang and I quickly grabbed my things and stuffed them into my bag. I told Lexi bye and walked out to the courtyard, where me and Kaiden now spent our off period.

"What's good?" Kaiden asked as I sat on the bench next to him.

"I'm tired as fuck. You?"

"Same." He chuckled, opening some app on his phone.

I turned around in my seat and rested my head on the table. I tried to sleep but after ten minutes gave up, with the sudden urge to piss.

"I'll be back, I gotta go piss." I laughed as I hit Kaiden's knee and walked back inside the school.

I pulled my phone out and walked to the bathroom. I wasn't really expecting anybody to be in the halls so I payed little to no attention to my surroundings. I quickly regretted that when I felt someone push into me. The sudden action caused the two of us to fall to the ground.

The other person was lucky enough to catch themselves, hovering over me and using their arms to support themselves. Myself, on the other hand, grunted as I fell onto my back, nearly hitting my head on the cold, hard ground.

I looked up to see blue hair and ocean blue eyes. Their eyes are like cobwebs; I keep getting caught in them.

I quickly noticed who the person was. It was Billie Eilish. I had heard stories of her breaking people's noses for just looking at her wrong, but she didn't seem mad or anything like it. She just kinda stared at my face.

"You're kinda hot." She smirked. "Anybody ever tell you that?"

I laid there for a second, just in shock. What did she just say? Did I hear that right?

"I-I m-mean I... w-what?" I stuttered and I wanted to die, right there on the spot.

She leaned in next to my ear and whispered lowly. "I didn't stutter, did I babygirl?"

I felt my cheeks go red at her action and her words. Babygirl?

I shook my head.