{37}

^ Hope's Outfit

^ Hope's Outfit

Hope's POV
Thursday, January 7th

Josh sat across from me on the bed. I sat with my knees pulled up to my chest and my arms were locked tight around them. "So... you didn't tell her?"

"No," I sighed. "I just told her that I had another one. I didn't tell her that I've had them every night. But I will. I just didn't last night because I fell back to sleep after I told her." I explained.

He nodded. "Promise me you'll tell her?"

"I promise."

"Good. So other than that, how's life?" He questioned, changing the subject.

"It's going good, I guess. I'm getting a belly button piercing today." I grinned.

"Does mom know?" He asked teasingly.

"No. I'm eighteen now, though, so if I don't want to tell her, I don't have to."

"Well you're not wrong, I guess. How are you liking your classes?"

"I actually really like them." I shrugged.

"As always." He smirked.

I sighed. "Whatever. Okay, enough about me, how are you? How are you and Tessa?" I wiggled my eyebrows.

"Oh, we broke up." He shrugged.

My mouth dropped. "What?! Why? Are you okay?"

"She's moving to Connecticut, so we both agreed that we should just end what we had. I don't think I could do long distance and she has trust issues from all of her exes." He explained. "I'm fine though. I kinda figured we wouldn't last."

I frowned. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine, really. What we had wasn't even serious anyways, if I'm being honest." He shrugged.

I decided to change the subject again. "So who are you living with? You said a couple friends but you never clarified who they were."

"Oh. I'm living with Mason, Ethan, and Justin." He said. "You should come to the house soon. It's actually really nice. I think you'd like it."

"Remind me who those people are."

He sighed but pulled his phone out and showed a group photo of them, pointing to each of them and telling me who they were. Now that I saw them, I actually remember them being over at the house a few times.